addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Main Line Digital Marketing Group Message Board › How many of you use newsletters in your marketing?

How many of you use newsletters in your marketing? What social media tie-ins work for you?

A former member
Post #: 3
I just started recently, and just published third issue of a monthly newsletter, BrandTech News, which focuses on the dynamic intersection of branding and technology. Circulation already over 1,500. I am curious about any tips from others who've been marketing this way. Specifically, what effective social media tools have you found that work well in conjunction with e-newsletters?

By the way, if you want a FREE subscription, just sign up at www.brandtechnews.com­ Prior issues and whitepapers also available at same site.

What are the rest of you doing in email marketing, in general?
A former member
Post #: 1
I just subscribed to your newsletter. I think the most effective approach for on line marketing is consistency of look and message, cross referral, and an "open" environment. Our competitors know more than we think they do, so it is more important to get the message out to 10 people than it is to block one competitor. That is what I mean by an open environment. In addition all our initiatives need to cross-reference each other. You are off to a good start, you sent an email and mentioned the newsletter, next maybe you will mention a blog, then your twitter account. Each is a different tool to get your name out there. To share your view and your talent. We also need to measure our results so we know what is the most important use of our time.

How are others using social media to promote their business? Why do you think social media is important in today's environment?

Sharon