What we're about
As a stranger to a new city like Berlin, you may start off feeling rather lonely. Or maybe you're a longtime Berliner looking to expand your current social circles. Regardless of whether you're a local or expat, taking the time to meet new people and make new friends can be tough and even overwhelming.
As two expats who moved to Berlin 6+ years ago, we know this challenge all too well. That's what inspired us, Cheryl of cherylhoward.com (http://cherylhoward.com/) and Adam of travelsofadam.com (http://travelsofadam.com/) to start this monthly meetup.
You won't see people wearing name tags at our events and there will never be an official agenda. The whole point is to come out, have fun, and make friends in Berlin. You'll meet friendly people, be it locals, expats, tourists on vacation, and other newcomers in a relaxed environment.
For more inspiration, check out:
1) So I Moved To Berlin. Just How Did I Make Friends? (http://cherylhoward.com/2012/12/15/so-i-moved-to-berlin-just-how-did-i-make-friends/)
2) Facebook in Berlin - The Guide to Networking & Meeting People (http://travelsofadam.com/2015/07/facebook-berlin-groups-networking-events/)
3) Best Berlin Meetup Groups for Meeting New People (http://cherylhoward.com/2017/05/02/berlin-meetup-groups-for-meeting-new-people/)
Join our private Make Friends in Berlin Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/makefriendsinberlin/) with more 1,700+ people to:
- introduce yourself and become part of a supportive community of open minded and friendly people
- find out about cool events happening around Berlin
- schedule your own meetings with others who want to hang out and party, go running, do a language exchange, and more!
If you're a girl in Berlin, join our brand new Make Friends in Berlin - Girls Edition (https://www.facebook.com/groups/makefriendsinberlingirls/) with more than 150 women to connect with other females in the city.
Note - unlike this meetup group, to gain admittance to the Facebook groups, you need to live in Berlin.