addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Cleveland Makers Alliance - Learn. Make. Grow. Message Board › Dead copier - parts only

Dead copier - parts only

A former member
Post #: 5
I have a non-functional copy machine that I'm trying to get rid of. I figured I'd run it by you guys before sending it to the dump. It's a Sharp SF-8500 from (I'm guessing) the late '80s or early 90s. It was removed from service in 2001 because of problems with the paper-feed mechanisms and hasn't been touched since.

This a medium-large unit - the sort an office of 15-20 people might share, with a large enough glass to copy ledger (11x17) pages. It will take two people to carry it, although it has convenient handles. As mentioned, it is not working, but might be interesting for parts (Copy glass, scanner/optical components, paper rollers, etc.)

Free to a good home. Or any home. All you have to do is pick it up (in Shaker Heights, about 2 miles from the LaunchHouse as the crow flies. A little farther if he's driving a station wagon or minivan.) Otherwise, it's off to the dump.