The following activities are scheduled:
1) Equipment show and stormwater demonstrations - Check out vehicles of all shapes and sizes including a dump truck, a fire truck, a plow truck, an ambulance, the automated payloader that is used to collect refuse and recycling, and many more. Explore and climb aboard the big trucks.
2) A mobile shredding unit will be available. A maximum of 3 boxes per vehicle will be shred.
3) Sign up to receive important information by text, e-mail or voicemail through Vernon's community notification system "Alert Vernon".
4) Check out the latest from other Town departments - Fire and Ambulance, Police, Water Pollution Control Authority and the Senior Center.
5) The Vernon Volunteers' Collaborative will have information on Fall Events, Activities & Hikes, as well as volunteer organizations you can join.
A cash donation will be collected to benefit Vernon Social Services Assistance Programs. For more information, please call the Public Works Department at[masked].
For a flyer see http://www.tankerhoosen.info/Community_Day_2018.pdf