What we're about
This is both a meetup group for people who enjoy outdoor activities such as hiking and biking, as well a meetup group for people who want to socialize.
Our outdoor activities also have a social component: we hike, bike, etc. in a group setting, and wait up for others if needed. If you prefer not to wait up for those who are slower than you, please do not join this group for outdoor activities (you may still want to join for pure social activities).
Some examples of meetups we will likely be posting over the next year (in parentheses we note an indication of degree of difficulty):
- Biking the W&OD Trail (moderate and strenuous), Virginia Capital Trail (strenuous), and Prince William Forest Park Scenic Drive (strenuous).
- Hiking Old Rag (strenuous), Shenandoah River State Park (easy), Bull Run Mountain Conservancy (easy), Prince William Forest Park (moderate and strenuous), Manassas Battlefield (easy, sometimes followed by a Winery at Bull Run visit), Mary's Rock (moderate), Whiteoak Canyon Falls Trail (strenuous), Cedar Run Trail (strenuous), and full Bull Run Occoquan Trail (strenuous).
- Watching movies in theatres.
- Attending music concerts.
- Meeting for lunch at restaurants.
1. Members who are 'no shows' for a meetup will be removed from the meetup group.
2. Members who change their RSVP from 'Yes' to 'No' within a week of a meetup will be removed from the meetup group. This is extremely disruptive to organizing meetups and often prevents members who are interested in attending from attending.
3. If you have a question about a meetup please first see if the answer is in the meetup descritption. We won't be able to answer questions that are answered in the meetup description.
Please note regarding points 1 and 2 above: if you have RSVPed 'Yes' to a meetup then there is an expectation that you will attend even if the weather is not perfect. We postpone or cancel meetups if weather conditions are hazardous, and we are very conservative in this regard. But we do not in general postpone or cancel meetups because of clouds or light or moderate rain that is not accompanied by thunder/lightning.
Obviously there are always exceptional circumstances. The idea is to use the above points as a guideline.