MarkLogic’s schema-agnostic design lets you load data as-is and use it right away, without having to design a master schema that can accommodate all your data in advance.
And you can get great value from MarkLogic without ever doing any data modeling at all. But if you want to get the most out of your data, it helps to understand what’s in it. Much has been written on modeling data in a relational world, but how should you think about data modeling in the world of NoSQL?
5.35 A Turning Point for your Data - David Gorbet, MarkLogic
• Learn how MarkLogic’s unique combination of Documents + Semantics allows you to think about data modeling in a different way.
• How you can build physical data models that are much closer to your real-world conceptual models, making development much easier
• How you can iterate on them in an agile way to get value out of your data quickly without painting yourself into a corner.
6.30 Next Generation Data Models – How Data Point Modeling Really Works - Greg Soulsby, ModelDR
• How to develop a enterprise data model without complex extract, transform and load. You will learn how to kill the need for a data warehouse. You will see us use Open Gamma trading platform as an example of a complex source system.
• Why an enterprise wide data model using industry standards like FIBO and Data Point Modeling create an agile enterprise architecture, using MiFID II Trade Lifecycle reporting as the Use Case.
• How to run real time queries across your entire systems estate.We will use the Large Trade report as the example.
• How to support change, such as new reports, new view points by new actors and changing data schemas.
• Manage data qualityby exploiting the Data Point Model approach to concerns such as Bitemporality, Governance, Timeliness, Completeness and Accuracy.
7.00 Pizzas and beer
David Gorbet, SVP Engineering MarkLogic
As SVP of Engineering, David manages the team that delivers the MarkLogic product and supports our customers as they use it to power their amazing applications. Working with all those smart, talented engineers as they pour their passion into our product is a humbling experience, and seeing the creativity and vision of our customers and how they’re using our product to change their industry is simply awesome.
Prior to MarkLogic, David helped pioneer Microsoft’s business online services strategy by founding and leading the SharePoint Online team. In addition to SharePoint Online, David has held a number of positions at Microsoft and elsewhere with a number of enterprise server products and applications, and numerous incubation products.
Greg Soulsby, ModelDR
Greg specialises in data and enterprise architectures and systems for the finance industry. His focus is on delivering innovative data solutions for clients through best practice design and tooling. He has developed products to support XBRL regulatory reporting, model driven testing and data point modeling.
This is the last session we will be holding this year. Our next session will be in February 2016!
Please Note: Regular attendees will notice the change of venue. Our Cannon Street meeting space isn't available on this date so we are moving down the road near Liverpool Street Station. Food and refreshments will available, just like before!