NOTE: We are looking at holding our first event in late May, possibly sometime in June, depending on what the Coronavirus infection rates look like locally-in Bexar County. So the situation will be fluid. Please NOTE also that being fully vaccinated against the Coronavirus will be a requirement in order to attend events within this group (honor system based). Additionally, this group will comply with what ever mask wearing protocols may be in place, as established by the various venues, in and around town, where events may be held. Also NOTE that it is increasingly likely that many venues, in and around the San Antonio area, may require “proof of vaccination” in order enter to their establishments, so it may be a good idea to have your vaccination card at the ready... Thanks so much for listening & helping to make our group a safe place to be!
David Maloof-organizer for Marvelous Middle Age Movie Goers and Diners. 😎👍
EVERYONE, over the age of 40, is welcome in this group irrespective of race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or political preference. We only ask that everyone acts kindly and respectfully. Please read our “code of conduct policy” below.
This group is for individuals in their 40’s and 50’s who enjoy an eclectic array of movies from big summer blockbusters to Indy-art films. We’re going to be attending movies on pretty much a weekly basis at such local theaters as The Santikos Embassy 14, Santikos Bijou, Santikos Palladium IMAX, and even a few new theaters in the Schertz-Cibolo area.
In addition, count on us going to some pretty amazing group gatherings at local/area San Antonio restaurants on a regular basis as well.
I’ve got great experience running a very successful Meetup group in San Antonio before, and I’m looking very forward to putting together some great stuff for everyone in this group! Looking forward to meeting everyone soon! Let’s have a great time getting acquainted & hitting the town!
IMPORTANT NOTE: Folks, Meetup will automatically remove you from the group, after the 30 day trial period, if the $10 annual membership fee is not submitted. Apologies for any confusion, problems or inconveniences.
Code of conduct for Marvelous Middle Age Movie Goers and Diners:
* We please ask that members do not discuss politics or religion at group events (for obvious reasons). There are several social groups on Meetup, and elsewhere, for political and religious topics and discussions.
* Harassment of fellow members, of ANY kind, will not be tolerated and should be reported immediately to an organizer. Sexual harassment (I.E lewd, suggestive disgusting comments, unwanted advances/attention, “making passes”, grabbing or touching someone inappropriately without their consent, etc.) & obsessive, disruptive or abusive behavior, threats of physical violence, stalking, or serious behavioral problems etc, will not be tolerated either, and should be immediately reported to an organizer as well.
* Dating among group members is fine, as long as it is not disruptive or intrusive to other members. However, the group is most definitely not a “dating pool”. “Predatory behavior” will not be tolerated, and should be reported ASAP to an organizer.
* Please do not show up to events intoxicated, and please be mindful about your alcohol/drink consumption at events. You may be asked to leave an event if you are extremely intoxicated/drunk and a cab or Uber may be hailed at your expense to drive you home.
* Engaging in any of the above behaviors may result in removal/and or banning from the group at the organizer’s discretion.
* Please be kind, and respectful to other members in the group. And above all? Have fun! Thanks!
David, Organizer for Middle Age Movie Goers And Diners. 🎥😎👍