A not-for-profit group to create and develop a McKinney area Makerspace.
* Build a "core team" to plan and build a Maker/Hacker space in the McKinney/Stonebridge general area. * Potential to "affiliate" with another existing group in the surrounding/DFW area, but have local "shop"? (ie. Grow the Makerspace community, not fragment it)
Ideal individuals would have/be: * Both common expertise in some areas to collaborate on some projects, and diverse expertise to help others learn & expand in others. * Driven to experiment/challenge the limitations of whatever it is we are working on. * Have built something unique * Have the propensity to "over engineer" things * Have professional experience in at least one of the key areas of interest * Diverse Interests * Self Motivated * Lots of ideas on...
Notable Interests are, but not limited to: * Home Automation Projects - building hardware/sensors/controllers to software integration & development
* openHAB Automation Users Group
* Home Automation General Users Group
* Internet of Things (IoT) * Home Improvements: Efficiency, power/cooling/heating/solar/water/lighting/security, etc. * Micro controller/processor projects: Arduino, RaspberryPi, ESP8266, etc, * CNC, Mach3/GRBL: various purposes; fabrication enclosures for projects to "artwork", Plastics, Aluminum, Carbon Fiber, wood, etc * 3D Printing * Woodworking/Shop: * Electronics: broad topic * PCB Fabrication * Networking / Cloud / Home IT Systems Architecture * Photography
* Brew Club - Making Great Beer
* Cosplay Makers
* Other latest & greatest tech/tools/toys
Benefits, ideas, and considerations... * Share expensive and resources occasionally used: ex. tools/test equip/printers, etc * Help others start/finish that project. (ex. I have projects that are missing that once piece of confirmation/validation/case/code, etc. and that it is "done" and to stop making changes 😃 ) * Professional Networking * Group/volume discounts on purchasing common items * May develop the next big "thing" 😃 * Somethings/projects always seems to go further as a team