addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Memphis Grapes & Hops Message Board › The Passing of the Torch

The Passing of the Torch

David F.
user 14256907
Group Organizer
Cordova, TN
Hello fellow Wine and Beer enthusiasts!
I am writing this email to let everyone know the torch for this Meetup has been passed into my hands. We all know Aaron will be sorely missed as the organizer, but it's not like he is going anywhere. He probably just doesn't want to pay for the monthly fees, and with his exquisite taste in expensive Whiskey (same as I) he would probably prefer to spend that money on a top shelf bourbon.
Nevertheless, with this transition will come a lot of changes. Historically this Meetup has been centralized on "Boscos" in Midtown and the "Salsa Cantina" in East Memphis, but the Cantina has limitations on space and Boscos has limited the group size to 12 people but I am talking with both Boscos and with Local Squared to possibly have a group table set up for at least 15-20 people on a monthly basis (district managers have to get involved supposedly).
Currently I am studying for my PMP so I won't have a ton of time to devote to this group's development in May but in June and especially July I will be making some major changes/additions:
1.) A microbrewery monthly event will be installed to explore the new taverns in the city, particularly places such as the "Taproom".
2.) The first Japanese Meetup event group will be installed through the Grapes and Hops group monthly/weekly to allow for both the exploration of Japanese/Asian alcohol and Japanese language.
3.) Finally, a wine tasting and performance venue will be installed to allow for both discourse over wine and classical/contemporary musical performance (likely be me with other artists in the city). Likely this will be through select art galleries, but all members who are knowledgable about free venues that allows everyone to bring wine and perform please let me know. This may involve performances in houses as well.
To facilitate these changes I will also be installing new co-organizers. I have a few already in mind but if there is someone very much interested that has the leadership skills and interest to build this meet up to what it needs to be please do not be afraid to message me.
Hope to hear from you all soon. :-D