What we're about
Hi there and welcome to the Memphis Game Developers group! We are the official Unity Users group for Memphis and the greater Midsouth! We are an open group of developers and artists who share ideas and knowledge on game development as well as collaborate on projects and game jams! Our platform of choice has been Unity3D as it's quickly become and held the status as the defacto platform for indie developers! Don't know anything about game development? That's fine we can point you in the right direction whether it be on the developer side or the artistic side! Want to give a talk or share your project? Let us know as we'd love to have you speak!
Below are just a few of the types of events we do
• Workshops: Everything from Intros to Unity, How to's, to more advanced topics.
• Game Jams: These are like hackathons for games! We regarly participate in Global Game Jam (http://globalgamejam.org/) and Ludum Dare (http://ludumdare.com/).
• Hangouts: Come chill with us as we try to dedicate a time every week to work on our games.
• Show and Tell: Show off your work and get feedback from other developers!
• LAN Parties: In conjunction with Midsouth Makers (http://www.midsouthmakers.org/) we host several LAN parties including the famed Toys for Tots LAN party and Hacktoberfest.
Several studios have popped up out of our group! Yours could be next!
Iced Vision (http://www.icedvision.com/)
Digital Precept (http://digitalprecept.com/)
Frozen Rat Studios
Hope to see you soon! You can also follow us on social media.