What we're about
Join our growing community of kayak paddlers in 2022 as we head into our 3rd consecutive season together! All skill levels are welcome.
Do you love being on the water and enjoying Nature with a friendly group of people in their kayaks? Got a new 'yak and want to learn a few more skills in the company of others? Are you seeking relaxation and some new outdoorsy paddling friends? Working on getting more physically fit?
If you answered "yes" to any these questions, this group is for you!
It's open to all who love to kayak in the beautiful New Hampshire Lakes Region, Maine and Vermont during the warmer months.
We meet at a common location and spend a few hours paddling and enjoying the scenery. We often stop and have lunch together on the water, soaking in the incredible beauty of the lakes that we explore.
Bad weather forecasts (high winds or lightening, especially) may be cause for cancellation of any event and a notice will be issued ahead of time in that case.
Please have your own boat, paddle and all required safety gear. We place an emphasis on safe paddling, including social distancing and wearing masks if/when gathered on shore in line with any official mandates. We espouse the 'leave no trace' ethos: https://lnt.org/why/7-principles/
All participants are fully responsible for their own safety. Please be capable of loading and unloading your boat and gear, though others are usually happy to lend a hand if needed. On the water, we will wait as a group for any fellow paddler who is in need of assistance.
IMBIBING ALCOHOL WHILE ON THE WATER DURING ANY OF THE LISTED EVENTS IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. ANY MEMBER WHO VIOLATES THIS RULE WILL BE PERMANENTLY REMOVED FROM THE MEMBERSHIP ROSTER.
This group is not for whitewater kayakers. Any participant under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult, per MeetUp rules. When requesting to join, please use a profile picture that shows your full face and your name so we can recognize you. Any fee shown for an event is voluntary, but will help defray the monthly cost of hosting this group on MeetUp. RSVPs in advance (at least 24 hours) are requested as a courtesy to the planner and other paddlers who are participating, or wish to.
New Hampshire Kayaking Laws:
● A wearable PFD must be available for each person on a vessel.
● Children under 13 must wear an approved PFD at all times while boating.
● Registration is not required for non-motorized kayaks. Adding a trolling motor to your boat will require registration with the DMV.
● Motorized kayaks cannot be operated by under 16s without adult supervision. Ages 16 need to carry a boater education card.
● Boating Under the Influence (BUI) is illegal in NH. The blood alcohol limit is 0.08% for ages 21 and over, and 0.02% for under 21s.
● A white light is required to be displayed while paddling at night.
Upcoming events (4)
Past events (88)
This content is available only to members