What we're about
Upcoming events (1)
<------------------------PLEASE READ FULLY!!!------------------------>
Post-COVID 19 Pick-Up Basketball Rules/Restrictions:
- Pick-up games from here on out will be limited in participants (No more than 15).
- RSVP will be strictly enforced (i.e. No guests; and DO NOT SHOW UP if you didn't RSVP/ Your RSVP wasn't approved)
- If you're feeling under the weather in the slightest, please do the safe and considerable thing and stay home.
- Bring your own Water!! Absolutely NO sharing of drinks between players
- Maintain proper social distancing when sitting/standing on the sidelines waiting for games
- Participants should try to sanitize hands/arms legs before and after each game. I will have some hand sanitizer on deck for use between games, but please bring your own if you have any.
- As much as basketball is a contact sport- ABSOLUTELY NO Hard Fouls especially during this period
- Participants will have to provide a self-attestation of the following before they can participate. NOTE: We are operating from an honor system, but please understand the risks fully and take this seriously by answering as accurately and as honestly as you can.
SELF-ATTESTATION, Please DO NOT RSVP if:
- You have tested positive for COVID-19 during the past 10 days.
- You have been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting results.
- You have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, is suspected of having COVID-19, or has symptoms associated with COVID-19 within the last 10 days.
- You have a fever (100.4 F or higher) or a sense of having a fever.
- You have experienced any of the following symptoms: fever or chills; cough; shortness of breath or difficulty breathing; fatigue; muscle or body aches; headache; new loss of taste or smell during the past 10 days. Please refer to the CDC Coronavirus Disease Symptom page which includes a Self-Checker: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
- You have traveled to any location identified as a COVID-19 “hot spot,” or internationally, during the past 10 days.
If any of your answers change between attending a pick-up game, please PRIVATELY notify one of the organizers, so we are better able to assist those tracking possible infections in case there's a risk of a community-spread.
Again, I implore everyone to take this seriously and be responsible if they plan on resuming playing. Outdoor Basketball has been classified and the 2nd Highest-Risk sport, behind Wrestling during COVID19. There's no real way to play while minimizing its risk besides having it outdoors. Please do understand the risk, and participate only if you're comfortable.