This coed flag football group meets every Sunday morning in Coconut Grove. We cater toward men and women ages 25+ of all levels and playing experience. As a group, we focus on maintaining a friendly and non-competitive environment and will always do our best to ensure that everyone is as involved as they would like to be. Although this is an entirely FREE group, please note that this is NOT a pickup game, so if you would like to play, please make sure to request to join and wait to be accepted before showing up.
If you are joining us for the first time, please be sure to familiarize yourself with the GENERAL INFORMATION, GAME RULES, and RSVP POLICY below. If you have any questions about the group, please reach out to the Organizer.
We look forward to playing with you!
• We will provide all necessary game gear: footballs, flags, cones, etc.
• You should bring your own personal gear: water, sunscreen, cleats (recommended, but not required). The closest water fountain is at the opposite end of the park so it’s best to bring your own water.
• Due to field space or weather conditions, the game location/time may occasionally be adjusted, so we suggested that everyone checks the Meetup event the day of the game.
GAME RULES (typical flag football rules):
This game is intended to be entirely non-contact. There is no tackling, no blocking, no jamming receivers, etc. Please play accordingly.
• We typically play 5 vs 5 with no defensive rush, no QB running, and no laterals allowed.
• The ball spot is always determined by the ball-carrier’s hips/flags (not the ball).
• Flag guarding results in a dead ball.
• Please make sure your flags are OVER your shirt and spread with one to each side and one behind you. If a defender grabs your shirt (covering the flags) or if your flags are not spread out, you can be called down.
Please be sure to RSVP if you plan on attending so we know who to notify if we change fields last minute due to unforeseen conditions. We ask that you RSVP as soon as you can so we can ensure that we have enough players each week. If there are not enough RSVP’s within a day or two of any given Sunday, the game will likely be canceled. Alternatively, if there are too many RSVP’s, the game will be prioritized to those who RSVP’d earlier. IMPORTANT: You can add a friend/guest (+1) as a courtesy. You are welcome to bring friends along for their first time or two, but after attending, they need to join the group as well.
Please note that by requesting to join Miami Flag Football for Fun, you agree to the following:
I certify that I have no known medical or other conditions that could interfere with my participation in Miami Flag Football for Fun activities. I also understand and accept that the practice of flag football involves certain risks of physical injury. Therefore, I, individually, hereby release and discharge, Miami Flag Football for Fun Organizer and Assistant Organizers from any and all claims, actions, damages, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses of any kind whatsoever, including but not limited to any claims of negligence, arising out of, resulting from, by reason of, or in connection with my participation in any of Miami Flag Football for Fun programs or activities. The Miami Flag Football for Fun Group Organizer and its Assistant Organizers reserve the right to take and utilize photographs, video, or any type of recording of participating person while engaged in our or associated activities. I consent to Miami Flag Football for Fun using photographs, videos, or recordings of me, for advertising, promotional, or related purposes, and waive all rights to compensation and other rights which may arise as a result.