The Microsoft Innovation Center Brussels is a non-for-profit, private-public partnership between the Brussels Capital Region and Microsoft. We strive to stimulate innovation, employment and entrepreneurship in the Brussels IT sector. Our activities involve a dynamic combination of government, academic and industry participants.
Most importantly the dedication of this Meetup group to IT sessions, will be focused both on practice and theory. We really want to be able to teach you the why's, and to help you understand why one technique works where another fails. We aim to give you a hands on experience with all of our practices.
REGISTRATIONS VIA EVENTBRITE: http://bit.ly/2M47peI
This Hands-on workshop aims at presenting the fundamentals of cross-platform mobile development (iOS/Android) using Xamarin forms. A lunch will be provided on both days.
Your hosts for this 2-day course will be Glenn Versweyveld & Bart Lannoeye, both Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals.
In this course we will:
• Create our first Xamarin forms app linked with Azure.
• Get to know how to navigate between forms pages.
• Hook up data using the MVVM pattern to the UI.
• Call a REST service to retrieve online data to represent in the app.
• Use effects to tweak the UI depending on which target OS the app is running on.
• Be introduced on how to use AI learning.
Developers, students developers and job seekers with the following skills:
• Good knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming and C#.
• Experience in any flavor of XAML is a plus.
IT LEVEL & PREREQUISITE
Should be able to build and run this example on iOS, Android or UWP.
Preferably using Visual Studio 2017 or Visual Studio for MAC.