Mill Creek Iron Butt(R) Riders (MCIBR), is for all motorcycle drivers regardless of their riding experience, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, driving record, credit rating or marital status. You don't need to have completed or be interested in the Iron Butt Association to join the fun, but you do need to own a motorcycle, and be licensed to ride one in order to play with us.
If your ONLY agenda is to find an excuse to ride your motorcycle with others, then you need to "JOIN US." If someday you are interested in qualifying for the Iron Butt Association or completing the various IBA rides, then this is the place to make that happen too.
Along with the popular short distance day rides, we will be suggesting/designing IBA rides throughout the year. You're welcome to join in on all or part of an IBA event; ride along for a few hours, if you want, then turn around and head home.
All types of drivers and motorcycles are welcome. We have a number of experienced MCIBR members, and expert Iron Butt riders who are happy to pass along safety tips and suggestions. Safety is our number one priority. Please read, "28 Tips and Techniques from Iron Butt Rally Veterans".
Everyone is encouraged to design and post rides. Just send me a note with the ride description, meeting location and departure time. I'll post it. Whether a ride is for one hour, one day, one week, or one month, we want to see it posted here for everyone to consider. No ride is too short, too long, too complicated or too controversial. If you join MCIBR and want to stay a member, then you need to participate.
When you click the "JOIN US" button, you agree, accept, have read, and understand the following statements as they pertain to joining and participating with Mill Creek Iron Butt Riders (MCIBR):
1) That motorcycle riding is potentially hazardous and can be a test of a person's physical and mental limits.
2) That motorcycle activities carry the potential for death, serious injury to yourself, others, and property loss/damage.
3) That liability may arise from negligence, stupidity, or carelessness on your part or the part of persons or entities conducting or participating in this group's events. Accidents happen, and it might include you, so you ride at your own risk.
4) That Mill Creek Iron Butt Riders (MCIBR) accepts no responsibility or liability, and will be held harmless for participants accidents or death as a result of riding with MCIBR; further, you agree to ride safely, carry minimum insurance coverage, and participate with MCIBR at your own personal and financial risk.
5) That the Mill Creek Iron Butt Riders (MCIBR) reserves the right to yell at you, state our personal opinions or beliefs, and give a disgusting look if you do something dumb. This might hurt your feelings; you'll get over it, or you'll just leave the group. We also reserve the right to refuse, block, ban, suspend, or terminate your membership and/or participation with the group for any reason.
6) Here is where the rubber meets the road. All "members" will be evaluated for participation every 6-8 months. If you have not participated on a ride in 12 months since you joined, or have not visited the MCIBR site in two or more months, you'll be asked to: 1) Participate in the next upcoming day/local ride (excluding IBA rides). 2) Design, post, invite, then participate in your suggested group ride. 3) Remove your membership until such time as you can commit to participating on a ride.
7) That motorcycle insurance is not mandatory in Washington State; however you agree to carry at least minimum motorcycle insurance for you and any passengers while riding /participating with this group. We also suggest carrying AAA and/or towing insurance.
Suggested minimum insurance coverage:
$25,000 for bodily injury/death of one person per accident.
$50,000 for bodily injury/death of two people per accident.
$10,000 for injury or property destruction per accident.
"Iron Butt Association" and their logo are registered trademarks of the Iron Butt Association and is used here with their permission for this group. Thank you!!!
Iron Butt Association has designed and provided Washington riders with their own Iron Butt SS1000 patch. If you complete an SS1000, ridden entirely within Washington State, you'll be eligible to purchase and wear this patch. Every October is the Memorial Ride where this patch can be earned.
The Iron Butt Magazine is published quarterly, (4 issues/year). A year subscription is $20 and available for purchase now through the Iron Butt Association's website at: IronButtRecords.com. You will need to create an account.
Lee's Brickhouse in Kirkland is one of our sponsors. The owners are MCIBR members and nice enough to give a discount on selected menu items for MCIBR members. Please visit them often.
Ellie's in Arlington supports MCIBR by providing a 15% discount on all menu items for MCIBR members. Some of the BEST food and service you've ever had.
Superior Cycle Service at Smokey Point offers exceptional parts and service for the MCIBR member. Both owners, Doug and Dean, qualified for Iron Butt by completing the SS1000. They specialize in V-Twin and Metric.
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Saturday, May 13, 2017 4:00 AM
Saturday, June 24, 2017 1:00 AM
Thursday, July 6, 2017 3:00 PM
Saturday, July 8, 2017 1:00 AM