"You're too blessed to be stressed!" Stress is a natural part of life, but it can sometimes get the better of us. We hold a variety of activities which with relaxation, some of which I've listed below. Please let us know if you'd like to see more!
1) Lunchtime walks - it is widely known that exercise, getting out in nature and seeking company all help decrease our stress...so here we combine all three! A good incentive to get out of your home or office, especially in Winter when there is more of a temptation to stay in! We meet at the Teardrop Lakes http://www.theparkstrust.com/parks/teardrop-lakes come rain or shine; so you can take a short stroll if you need to get back to work, or a longer walk if you've got the time to treat yourself.
2) A rolling 6-week course on decreasing stress and anxiety
Together we explore scientific knowledge and wellbeing practices to help you fully understand and overcome stress and anxiety. This is a 6-week course which runs on Wednesday afternoons from 12-2pm and Wednesday evenings from 7-9pm on a rolling basis. Next course starts 11th Jan. We will explore: • Why stress happens and what's going on inside your body; • Effective ways to beat stress and anxiety in less than 3 minutes;
• How to prevent stress and anxiety happening so often; • A variety of precious life skills to boost health and happiness
3) One-off talks to help with stress management, including improving self esteem, effective communication, living a healthy lifestyle, understanding the mind. Other topics available on request.
4) Randomised fun - meet up to do some colouring in, bake a cake, paint, play a board game or punch some pads...it's surprising just how much this can help our stress levels
Contact, bookings and enquiries:
To book your place, please let us know you are coming via Meetup or you can contact Arti at Inner Conversations on innerconversations.org / 07545812477 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet ups are led by specialist life coach & mentor Arti Kakkad (at innerconversations.org). Arti is trained in various stress-management practices. Working with individuals and organisations, Arti offers a unique approach which involves gaining a clear and practical understanding of the nature, origins and mechanisms of the stress response in order helps us to manage it in a sustainable and effective way. With a background in finance, she knows from her personal experience about the realities of stress and how hard it can be to manage. The course recognises that there is no “one size fits all” solution and Arti's extensive training means she can offer techniques that can be personalised for effective, life-long stress & anxiety relief.