Hi folks- Thanks for your interest in the Community Meditation Night on 1/8/19. I have put the event on hold for now because the WeWork space might not be available for our use. I apologize! And I will email later when I figure out the logistics around using this space. Stay tuned for more info coming soon!
We welcome you to arrive early to settle in, around 6ish is a good time. Our official event start time is 6:15pm. Gena Bean will be leading meditation for us.
• 6pm - It's great to arrive early to ask questions and find a good seat. We have chitchat time starting around 6. Come hang out with us and ask the teacher questions.
• 6:15pm - Class starts.
(Please be aware that the doors will be locked at 6:20pm so that our meditation time is not disturbed. Don't be late!)
• 7:30pm - Class ends.
The 75 minutes that we spend together for this class will include:
a) discussion about meditation and mindfulness
b) instructions on how to meditate
c) experience a meditation
The length of the meditation itself will probably be about 15 to 25 minutes long. No previous experience is required; the meditation will be easy for beginners to understand.
Things to know:
• This is our first time holding a CMN at the WeWork location.
• The WeWork office has some chairs for your use. If you want to sit on the floor, you can bring your own meditation cushion.
• Please contact us for handicapped accessible info.
• "Do I need to bring anything?"
It's fine to just show up as you are. There are no requirements to bring anything. And you won't need any special clothing.
• There is no charge for this event. It is a gift to the community. Please join us.
Many thanks to Mindful Boston's organizational partner for offering the location for this event!