We welcome you to arrive early to settle in, around 6:45-6:55ish is a good time to arrive and find our classroom space on the 2nd floor. Our official event start time is 7pm.
Gena Bean will be leading an intro to mindfulness meditation for us.
NOTE: THIS CLASS WILL BE AUDIO RECORDED.
• 6:50pm - It's great to arrive early to ask questions and find a good seat. We have chitchat time starting around 6:50 as we set up the chairs. Come hang out with us and ask the teacher questions.
• 7pm - Class starts.
-----Please be aware that the doors will be locked at 7:15pm so that our meditation time is not disturbed.-----
• 8:15pm - Class ends.
The 75 minutes that we spend together for this class will include:
a) discussion about meditation and mindfulness
b) instructions on how to meditate
c) an experience of meditation
The length of the meditation itself will probably be about 15 to 25 minutes long. No previous experience is required; the meditation will be easy for beginners to understand.
• The CCTV classroom has a good number of chairs for your use. If you want to sit on the floor, you can bring your own meditation cushion. The floor is wood, you might want some padding.
• Yes, handicapped accessible via an elevator. Including the bathroom.
• "Do I need to bring anything?"
It's fine to just show up as you are. There are no requirements to bring anything. And you won't need any special clothing.
• It's always nice to hydrate yourself. So you might want to have a bottle for water. The Runbase has a cooler.
• There is no charge for this event. It is a gift to the community. Please join us.
Many thanks to Mindful Boston's organizational partner for hosting this event!
Cambridge Community Television