addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Minnesota Independent Scholars Forum Message Board › Human Systems Dynamics: Complexity and the Pragmatism of Time

Human Systems Dynamics: Complexity and the Pragmatism of Time

Curt H.
user 8925222
Group Organizer
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 3
The next meeting of the Minnesota Independent Scholars Forum is coming up a week from Saturday with a talk by Glenda Eoyang, “Human Systems Dynamics: Complexity and the Pragmatism of Time.” When we were setting up these meetings, I asked members who they knew who might be good speakers and was immediately given Glenda’s name. She frequently gives presentations and seminars to corporations for which she gets considerably more money than the lowly honorarium that we can afford to offer her, so I feel like we’re pretty lucky. I edited the information she sent me about her talk which I included in the details of the meeting. Here is the unedited version:

Nonlinear sciences (chaos theory, complexity science, complex adaptive systems, dynamical networks, and so on) have transformed theory and practice in a variety of fields over the past two decades. Human systems dynamics (HSD) draws lessons from these sciences of surprise to inform understanding and action among people. This session introduces the basic assumptions of HSD to help you:

* Recognize complex dynamics in yourself, team, family, neighborhood, and community.
* Critique the fundamental similarities and differences between linear and nonlinear causality and the effects on understanding and action.
* Explore options for creative and effective action, even in uncertain times.
* Access additional resources to continue your inquiry.

Glenda Eoyang, pioneer in human systems dynamics and founding Executive Director of the Human Systems Dynamics Institute, will share her own pragmatic perspectives on the complex dynamics of:

* Conflict
* Evaluation
* Education
* Diversity
* Personal development
* Warfare of the future
* And topics of particular interest to you.

I hope you can find time in your schedule to attend, and I hope I can find time afterward to meet all of you.

Curt