On November 27th, Ottawa city council approved the creation of new short term rental (Airbnb) and long term rental regulations that will impact both landlords and homeowners. This is a must attend event for local housing providers!
This Meetup will provide participants with details about the new rules and offer tips that can be used to manage their businesses during the development of the new bylaws.
The cost is $20.00 per person which covers your breakfast and tip! Sorry, no refunds or Realtors.
Joining me next Saturday will be Christian Szpilfogel and Genevieve Walton.
When it comes to Airbnb in Canada's capital and Gatineau, there is only one name that comes to mind and that is none other than Genevieve Walton! Genevieve is the owner of Short and Suite BNB and is also the founder of the Ottawa Short Term Rental Association (OSTRA).
Christian is an Ottawa area investor who recently won the coveted Real Estate Investing Network (REIN) Multi Family Investor of the Year Award. Christian is well known housing provider who is always willing to help and educate the real estate investing community.
Here are some of the topics that will be covered for both STR and LTR:
* Background - Why Regulate Now?
* Consultation period and lobbying efforts.
* What was recommended? Why? What exactly was approved by council?
* Introduction to OSTRA
* What are the expected impacts?
* When will the bylaws be implemented?
* Should you change strategies? Sell or hold onto your property?
* Lessons learned
- The price of $20 covers your breakfast and tip!
- Please be seated and ready to go at 10:00 am but feel free to arrive by 9:30 am to chat and network.
- My Meetups are are super informal. Shorts, T-shirts, hats and sports jerseys are not only welcome but encouraged! No ties please.
- Of course, we will leave plenty of time for a Q & A session!
- Remember that we will not try to sell you anything at this Meetup- it is all about information sharing and education.
I look forward to seeing everyone there!