Modern Dads of Charlotte is a group for Dads who want to spend quality time with their kids and at the same time make some new guy friends while doing so. Why should Moms get to have all the fun? Moms have been having playdates for years and that's awesome. So why not dads too!
Is Modern Dads for you? Let's see:
- Do you love hanging out with your kid(s)?
- Does your significant other always seem to know the perfect activity to do to keep your child entertained in the middle of the afternoon but you feel lost and have to call them 10 times a day and could use a few buddies to help you out?
- Did all of your single friends keep doing their single things and now you are at a loss of things to talk to them about and feel like if you show them one more "adorable" picture of your kid with spaghetti on their head they are going to never talk to you again?
- Are you a Stay-at-Home-Dad, Work-From-Home-Dad, Dad-With-an-Irregular-Schedule, or basically any type of dad who's days off aren't necessarily Saturday and Sunday and is looking for other guys to hang out with with their kids during the week.
- Are you a 9-5 Monday through Friday working type Dad with a little extra time on the weekends with your kids looking to meet other Dads with similar interests and kids around your kids age to hang out with?
- Are you a Single-Dad, a New-Dad, a Veteran-Dad, a Dad-of-Twins, a Dad-Multiples, are you a Dad? Basically calling all types of dads.
I could go on and on with questions but as you see from the few we've listed this group is about Dads and our kids. It's about You!! This group is what we make of it. Here is why you should join Modern Dads of Charlotte.
There seems to be a phenomenon as people enter different stages of their lives. People come and go. Once you get married or enter into a partnership you gain couple friends and your single friends tend to fall to the wayside. Well, welcome to Fatherhood!! As I'm sure you know becoming a parent changes everything, it's not about you anymore and that's a 1,000,000% just right. But it changes your world. Even your couple friends without kids don't understand. Well this is where Modern Dads of Charlotte is here for you. Our goal with Modern Dads of Charlotte is to provide a place for Dads in Charlotte and the surrounding area to connect with other Dads with similar interest and start to build new bonds. Who knows once your other friends enter that stage in their lives Modern Dads of Charlotte will be here for them as well.
What do we expect from our members?
Participation! I'm just another Modern Dad: I just got the Ball Rollin. That is my philosophy and the reason that I started the group. So this group is all about you. If you have an idea for an event you'd like to see happen; set it up! The Meetup.com website interface is extremely easy to use. If you see an event that you think looks interesting to you or your child then RSVP and attend. If you RSVP then please attend! Finally spread the word. We're called Modern Dads of Charlotte and I mean that in the most broad sense of the Charlotte Metropolitan Area. Whether you are in Uptown Charlotte, The Lake Norman Area, Fort Mill, Gastonia, Mint Hill, etc, this group is for any dads calling the Charlotte area their hometown. Obviously some events aren't going to be in your area and there again lies the importance of spreading the word. The more Dads you tell the more successful Modern Dads of Charlotte can be in your part of town.
I look forward to connecting with you soon!
Larry - Just Another Modern Dad