What we're about
We're trying to create a safe, fun, supportive group to get out and about in our beautiful local surroundings. We plan to hike, dine out, go dancing, play trivia, join community events and more!
If you're looking to get more involved, there are plenty of resources available! There's The Epicenter (http://epicentermonterey.org/) of Salinas, the county's first youth-led resource and community center, that hosts wonderful community events. A handful of our members are also involved with Rainbow Speakers and Friends (https://www.facebook.com/RainbowSpeakersAndFriends/) as well, a volunteer group that provides education and outreach about LGBTQ issues in the local community. For more community resources, visit lgbtqmonterey.com (https://www.lgbtqmonterey.com/)
If you're interested in becoming a "co-organizer" of the LGBTQ Meetup, let us know. The more co-organizers in the group, the better! If you have ideas for activities, feel free to send a message to one of the group organizers. We're more than happy to hear your thoughts on events and gatherings.
1. All members of the meetup are expected to be courteous, kind and respectful.
2. This meetup is a drama-free zone. We want to create a warm, fun and welcoming environment for all members of our community and our allies. If you have any concerns regarding other members of the group, please come to a co-organizer first and we can discuss next steps to address any issues.
3. Monterey LGBTQ & Friends Meetup adopts a zero tolerance policy to any form of bullying, shaming, violence or harassment of any kind at any of our events and within our online space. Monterey LGBTQ & Friends Meetup reserves the right to handle situations in ways that honor our guidelines and reserves the right to remove members or co-organizer privileges.
4. Remember that everyone's path is different. We are all deserving of respect and we can all learn from each other!
5. Monterey LGBTQ & Friends is dedicated to being open to feedback about our events and encourages you to be open to feedback regarding behavior. Creating safer spaces for all is a team effort!
6. Any issues or complaints regarding venue that may arise should be addressed to the Meetup organizer for resolution. No mention of the LGBTQ Meetup should be used in writing complaints or reviews online.
7. And last but not least, this Meetup is designed for fun! Please come with a positive attitude, an open mind and ready to have some fun with your community!
Recurring Queer Night Out: Social @ The Tavern, Wednesdays 9PM to 12AM at Salinas Sports Tavern: 9 E San Luis St, Salinas, CA
KAOTiK NiGHTS & SALINAS VALLEY PRIDE CELEBRATIONS proudly presents: SOCIAL @ The Tavern• Every 2nd Wednesday of the month with DJ Ayumi Winehouse • Every 4th Wednesday of the month with LUNA • 21+ with Valid ID • Drink specials • NO cover charge • Come out to drink and dance!
For more events, groups and community resources, visit lgbtqmonterey.com