What we're about
This meetup group is special - If you want to create Electronic games of any kind, this group is the group for you, we are wholly about creating electronic games for consoles, mobile devices, the internet, desktop computers, and handheld devices - pure and simple. AND doing so without the hassles and worries of seeking out resources, finding supplies, and getting funding. We provide all of that. We are ALL about game development (anyone from newbies - whom we teach game design and various programming languages, self-directed individuals, OR in multi person teams with - to ALL we provide professional help during the creation process) FOR video game development, console game development, mobile device game development, game development for the web (internet, MMO, Intranet, etc.), game development for Desktop computer (Linux, Windows, OSX, etc.).
This ALL costs you NOTHING (ZERO) - development, professional help, production, and distribution are ALL funded for you AND ANY profit is divided equally between yourself and anyone from this group's members who join you (we know most games need more than one person :) ).
NOTE: WE ARE NOT A VIDEO GAME DISCUSSION GROUP THAT DOES NOTHING EXCEPT MEET WEEK AFTER WEEK AND THEN TALK ENDLESSLY - MEETING AFTER MEETING. We are NOT that kind of group.
Ce groupe Meetup est spécial - Si vous voulez créer des jeux électroniques de toute nature, ce groupe est le groupe pour vous, nous sommes entièrement sur la création de jeux électroniques pour consoles, appareils mobiles, Internet, ordinateurs de bureau et appareils de poche - pur et simple. ET le faire sans les tracas et les soucis de rechercher des ressources, de trouver des fournitures et d'obtenir des fonds. Nous fournissons tout cela. Nous sommes TOUS au sujet du développement de jeu (n'importe qui des débutants - que nous enseignons la conception de jeu et divers langages de programmation, individus autogérés, OU dans des équipes multipersonnelles - à TOUS nous fournissons de l'aide professionnelle pendant le processus de création) POUR le développement de jeux, développement de jeux d'appareils mobiles, développement de jeux pour le web (internet, MMO, Intranet, etc.), le développement de jeux pour ordinateur de bureau (Linux, Windows, OSX, etc.).
Tout cela ne vous coûte rien (ZÉRO) - le développement, l'aide professionnelle, la production et la distribution sont entièrement financés pour vous et tout profit est divisé entre vous et les membres de ce groupe qui vous rejoignent (nous savons que la plupart des jeux nécessitent plus d'une personne :)).
NOTE: NOUS NE SOMMES PAS UN GROUPE DE DISCUSSION DE JEUX VIDÉO QUI NE RIEN SEULEMENT SE RENCONTRENT ET PARLENT ENSUITE SANS FIN - SE RÉUNISSANT APRÈS LA RÉUNION. Nous ne sommes pas ce genre de groupe.
This is a multilingual group (we can meet in English, French, or Spanish).
If you want to create Electronic games of any kind, this group is the group for you, we are wholly about creating electronic games for consoles, mobile devices, the internet, desktop computers, and handheld devices - pure and simple. AND doing so without the hassles and worries of seeking out resources, finding supplies, and getting funding. We provide all of that.
To clarify the purpose of this group (as many have asked over the years): Our purpose is to help people (regardless of knowledge or lack thereof) to (in teams made up from others from this group as well as freelance professionals) create electronic games from mere ideas (their own ideas - NOT ours) AND for those individuals to see all of the 100% profit equally shared amongst themselves and their fellow team members who helped them make some game idea into a reality AND NO ONE ELSE. If you are confused or unclear on this, please ask us, we would be pleased to explain in person.
This group does all of this, using the procedures and policies we have put in place to make the process as stress free and easy as possible AND at the same time protecting everyone's legal rights.
This group is open to newbies, novices, hobbyists and amateurs alike - as well as trained and seasoned professionals. Anyone lacking the necessary skills, knowledge, or expertise to create a game will be provided the opportunity to receive FREE training in the areas of knowledge and expertise in which they lack. Areas of possible instruction range from computer game logic to algorithms and AI to actual game mechanics to artwork to ...... the list keeps growing.
We DO NOT however provide these services to already recognized professional freelancers OR known game designers OR to established game companies.
What we DO for our membership is remove the 3 big obstacles to electronic game development -> 1). the funding. 2). the resources, expanded expertise base, and supplies, and 3). the distribution and marketing. BUT for this to work we have in place a detailed set of policies and legal procedures so that our (the organizers and sponsors) good intentions DO NOT get abused and DO NOT get taken advantage of.
Point 1 of this policy for an new idea to be supported is - it must be unique and the idea's originator agrees to allow anyone else from this group to join them in making it a reality - provided the two individuals can work together happily - i.e. anyone who wants to help in its creation and who is accepted by the idea's originator - also referred to as the team leader.
Of course we have safeguards in place to deal with and prevent abuse by that individual who joins the idea's originator if they turn out to be a couch potato, a lazy person that contributes no help to the game's creation, and of course crooks (yes, we have had one of those in the past).
To make this all happen smoothly, we provide all of this noted below, so that none of our members have to fret and worry about the mundane:
• We provide - Financing to support the creation and development (NOT financing to the people).
• We provide - Supplies (they are provided).
• We provide - Work space (if needed it is there).
• We provide - Packaging (boxes, cases, etc are supplied as needed).
• We provide - Artworks, coding help, sound effects, music (as needed).
• We provide - Translation of game into French, Spanish, Japanese, and German (if desired).
• We provide - Artists for artwork (if needed they are supplied).
• We provide - Writers for content (if needed they are supplied).
• We provide - International distribution (US, Canada, UK, EU, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Pacific islands, South Africa, Israel, South America, and PXs at bases) through one or all of 3 international distributors (two are the largest in the world for entertainment and recreational products - games are those, the third is a mid-level distributor but a real go-getter with access to some markets not served by the others.
• AND again to reaffirm this point we DO NOT provide a salary or support money to any individuals, ONLY to the game.
For those who have no inkling of an idea of their own - we DO have a repository of over 100+ fully developed game ideas (of our own that you can develop and get the profits from the sales thereof) with the game design documents already done up for them, these are there for anyone to FREELY USE! (NO money or profit is ever expected back for their use) use to develop a game from them under the umbrella of the group and abiding by the policies in place. No one is obliged to use these ideas, they can expire on the shelf for all we care, they are just there to help IF they are needed.
Here are some existing Game Development Kits, we consider using (to name a few):
• UNITY - Platforms: Android, BlackBerry, iOS, Linux, Mac, PS3, PS4, Windows 8, Windows Phone, Xbox 360, Xbox One - http://www.unity3d.com
• GAMEMAKER - Platforms: Mac, Windows -www.yoyogames.com
• ALLEGRO - Platforms: Android, iOS, Linux, Mac, Windows - alleg.sourceforge.net
• XNA GAME STUDIO - Platforms: Windows, Windows phone, Xbox 360 - https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff576659.aspx
• FLASH - Platforms: Browser, Flash (so yes all of these - Android, iOS, Mac, Windows, Linux) - http://www.adobe.com
• MACROMEDIA FUSION - Platforms: Android, iOS, Mac, Windows, Browser, Flash - http://www.clickteam.com
• RPGMAKER - Platforms: Android, iOS, Mac, Windows - http://www.rpgmakerweb.com
We can add more based on your suggestions.
We invite you to JOIN US!