Morning Lights - A gathering of women designed to tap into the feminine consciousness through writing.
There are eight basic activities that provide the structure to this meetup. I have worked with these pieces throughout the year and I have found them to provide an enjoyable experience for participants. A commitment to this learning process will be transforming and enlightening. Did I say transforming and enlightening?
* 1. Learning a new word for the day.
* 2. Reading definitely stimulates the thought process. Reading and writing inspire each other. These are some of my favorite references:
500 short stories written for women.
Journey Through Womanhood by Tian Dayton Ph.D.
Cries of the Spirit - Poetry written specifically by women for women. A very nice example of the quality of women's writing that has a specific voice and point of view.
Periodic articles posted in the discussion section of this meetup.
* 3. Opening and and expanding the imagination through story telling.
* 4. Working on special writing projects as alpha poems or word stems.
* 5. Sharing pieces of personal writing in a safe, nonjudgmental place. Constructive feedback can be given.
* 6. Sharing are our favorite topics to write about. (My passions are writing about the inner change process, themes around New Beginnings, Power, Introspection and Goals, Wisdom. I continue to be fascinated by the forces of nature such as air, earth, fire, water.
* 7. Exploring the creative process through the use of Julia Cameron's Book "Artist Way" and creativity cards.
* 8. I am happy to introduce a wonderful stress reduction tool using biofeedback to promote resilience and a calm focused mental state called coherence that aids in creativity.
Gratitude for the human beings that come through our doors and recognition of the interdependent nature of the work we do.
Draft: Do not cite without expressed permission of author.