What we’re about
Startup Founder 101 brings together aspiring and experienced tech entrepreneurs to discuss, meet, and collaborate to build great new startups, and to push the local startup ecosystem forward.<br><br>This group hosts numerous free events throughout the year where you can learn the best practices of starting a company from people who have been there and done that. You’ll have the opportunity to meet local founders and investors, exchange ideas with experts, get feedback on your idea, participate in startup workshops, and more.<br><br>Typical startup event topics include:<br>• Coming up with a strong startup idea<br>• Startup legal basics<br>• How to pitch your startup<br>• Starting a company without quitting your day job<br>• How to raise funding for your startup<br>• And much more!<br><br>Join the group to be invited to our next event!
Upcoming events (4+)See all
- Global Webinar - The Data Behind Scaleup Success, with Startup GenomeLink visible for attendees
Learn the best growth tactics from leading experts
Join us for an enlightening webinar exclusively designed for startup founders, where we delve into the groundbreaking research conducted by Startup Genome. Gain invaluable insights into the key characteristics distinguishing successful scaling startups from those struggling. Leveraging the world's most extensive dataset on startup ecosystems, this research comprehensively analyzes objective metrics collected from tens of thousands of startups surveyed between 2014 and 2019. Be prepared to uncover the secrets of startup scaling as we explore the first-ever longitudinal scaleup research.
❯ What You'll Learn:
- The crucial factors that contribute to the success of scaling startups
- Real-world scaleups case studies
- Actionable strategies and practical advice to help you navigate the challenges of scaling
❯ Featured Speakers:
- Forrest Wright - Research Assessment Lead at Startup Genome: Forrest, Research Assessment Lead, is leading the insight analysis on the Scaleup Report. Prior to joining Startup Genome, Forrest worked as the Data Manager at the Global Entrepreneurship Monitor (GEM), where he was responsible for data analysis, survey development, and content generation. Forrest holds an MS degree in Information Science from Drexel University.
❯❯ This is a live, interactive online event, so be sure to RSVP at https://fi.co/startupwebinar/16803 to receive the Zoom URL to join us live!
- Global Webinar: How to Grow Your Personal Brand on LinkedIn as a Startup FounderLink visible for attendees
In today's digital age, building a strong personal brand is crucial for success as a startup founder. During this webinar, our expert speakers will share invaluable insights and strategies for leveraging LinkedIn to grow your personal brand. LinkedIn, the world's largest professional network, offers endless opportunities to connect, influence, and establish yourself as a thought leader in your industry. From optimizing your profile and creating compelling content to building a network this webinar, you'll learn how to easily create content, build a community and a narrative on LinkedIn that opens doors you didn't think were possible.
❯ What You'll Learn:
- How to map out your personal branding strategy
- LinkedIn practical tips and real-life examples
- Steps to integrate your LinkedIn presence into your overall personal brand
❯ Featured Speakers:
- Timothy Davidson - Sr. Director of Marketing at Directive: As a B2B marketing specialist, Timothy possesses a keen understanding of industry dynamics and an innate ability to harness data-driven insights to develop targeted strategies. Timothy has empowered numerous companies through strategic guidance and innovative ideas to elevate their brand presence, expand their market reach, and achieve unprecedented growth.
❯❯ This is a live, interactive online event, so be sure to RSVP at https://fi.co/startupwebinar/16797 to receive the Zoom URL to join us live!
- Venture Trailblazers feat. Scott Belsky (Chief Strategy Officer & EVP, Adobe)Link visible for attendees
Venture Trailblazers is an exclusive event series that connects leading investors, founders, and ecosystem leaders from across the globe to discuss the latest trends in startups and venture capital.
For this edition, we welcome Scott Belsky (Chief Strategy Officer and EVP, Adobe; Co-Founder of Behance). The goal of Venture Trailblazers is to educate and connect the founders, leaders, mentors, and investors across the global Founder Institute, VC Lab, and FI Venture Networks.
❯ About the Speaker: Scott Belsky
Scott Belsky is an entrepreneur, author, investor, and currently serves as Adobe’s Chief Product Officer and Executive Vice President, Creative Cloud. Scott oversees all of product and engineering for Creative Cloud, as well as design for Adobe.
In 2006, Scott founded Behance, the leading online platform for the creative industry to showcase and discover creative world, and served as CEO until Adobe acquired Behance in 2012. After the acquisition, Scott helped reboot Adobe's mobile products and services for Creative Cloud while leading Behance. Behance now has over 30M members.
Scott actively advises founders and invests in businesses that cross the intersection of technology, marketplaces/community, and design, and help empower people. He works closely with a number of venture capital firms, and is an early advisor and investor in Pinterest, Uber, sweetgreen, Carta, Cheddar, Flexport, Airtable, and Periscope as well as several others in the early stages. Through his work as a founder and investor, Scott has become an advocate for technology and community initiatives that empower creative people and teams.
❯❯ This is a live, interactive online event, so be sure to RSVP at https://fi.co/startupwebinar/16814 to receive the Zoom URL to join us live!
- Global Webinar — Goal Setting for Startups - Intro to OKRsLink visible for attendees
Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) are among the most effective frameworks for startup founders to set goals, measure progress, and boost team performance. Join us at this interactive, highly educational webinar in which our guest speaker, Ahmed ElBedawy, will cover how OKRs can align your team, ignite productivity, and propel your business toward unprecedented growth. Don't miss this opportunity to learn the tools for good OKRs and effective methods to track and manage them. By the end of the presentation, you can ask questions and connect with other entrepreneurs in the networking lounge.
❯ What You'll Learn:
- How to improve your focus by implementing OKRs
- Tactics for team members to take ownership and increase motivation
- How to be goal oriented and remain flexible at the same time
❯ Featured Expert:
- Ahmed ElBedawy - Director at Communitech: Ahmed ElBedawy is a seasoned entrepreneurship program and strategic operations leader who excels at leveraging data-driven insights on operational excellence. Ahmed has over 15 years of experience leading cross-functional teams, building founder-centric programs and initiatives, and working across multiple sectors involved in entrepreneurship development. Ahmed has mentored and advised many founders and founding teams in Canada, Egypt, and the US. He also led and supported several initiatives started by organizations such as Endeavor, Nahdet El Mahrousa, MaRS Discovery District, Futurpreneur Canada, the School for Social Entrepreneurs (SSE), and Toronto Region Immigrant Employment Council (TRIEC)
❯❯ This is a live, interactive online event, so be sure to RSVP at https://fi.co/startupwebinar/16808 to receive the Zoom URL to join us live!