What we're about
This group is for anyone interested in mountain biking the Upstate area of South Carolina and around! Area mountain bike groups are welcome to use this meetup to schedule rides, events and meetings. Our main purpose is to make it easy to find local rides and make friends with other Mountain Bikers.
Everyone is welcome to post their own rides. So dont worry about your riding level. Please join the group and add to the fun! If you are having trouble posting, send a message to me (kel shipman).
There is no cost to join the group. Contributions to fund website fees are purely voluntary.
Here are links to some of the Upstate South Carolina Mountain Biking Clubs:
• Mountain Biking Greenville (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1470415766531697/) facebook page
• Greater Clemson Mountain Bikers Club (https://www.facebook.com/groups/GCMBC/) facebook page
• Greenville Dirt Riders (https://www.facebook.com/groups/501257436581118/) facebook page
• Upstate Mountain/Road Bike Riders (https://www.facebook.com/groups/141970652657887/) facebook page
• Spartanburg Area Mountain Bikers (https://www.facebook.com/groups/307853289412589/) SAMBA facebook page
• Pisgah Area Mountain Biking Meetup (http://www.meetup.com/Pisgah-Area-Mountain-Biking-Asheville-Hendersonville-brevard/)
• Palmetto Fat Tire Society (http://www.meetup.com/Palmetto-Fat-Tire-Society/) - Columbia area Meetup
If you would like to have your club listed here, just send a message to one of the organizers.
If you are new MTN Biking, please check out UPSTATE SORBA and consider joining IMBA. Here are some links:
International Mountain Bicycling Association (IMBA) (https://www.imba.com/)
And definitely check out "Tips for new mountain bikers" on the Discussion Tab
Tips for new mountain bikers! (http://www.meetup.com/Mountain-Biking-Greenville/messages/boards/thread/41140902)
Equipment you will need to start:
• Mtn Bike - doesnt need to be fancy.
• Helmet, gloves, hydration
• Eye protection
• Bug spray in season
• Tools, tire repair kit
Please be advised that mountain biking can sometimes be a dangerous sport and you are solely responsible for your own safety.