What we're about
SEE SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT BELOW REGARDING VACCINATION AND ATTENDANCE REQUIREMENTS
Movers and Shakers (REQUIRING VACCINATIONS) aims to foster new appreciation for the old game of backgammon while meeting new friends. All levels of skill are welcome including anyone who wants to learn how to play. Bring your own board if you have one. We provide lessons for beginners and intermediate players. We challenge the advanced players, and enjoy Tournament Play. We are known as the Movers & Shakers Backgammon Club of New Jersey.
...and it is free to join!
It is with great pleasure that we are growing a select group of backgammon players. I am looking forward to our Elite Members BG Group Meet-ups. It has been very difficult these past years coping with the Covid virus. In order to proceed, it is essential that our members' health, safety, and welfare are protected as much as possible when we meet. Our members have been concerned about this and deserve this assurance.
1. I am therefore requiring all future and present members who would like to attend meet-ups to provide copies of documentation of being fully vaccinated for your age group, 2 weeks in advance of the next meet-up date you'd like to attend. You will need to email or mail (see below) a copy of your vaccination records for me to keep on file. You will then gain admittance to our meet-ups.
2. You will need to be fully vaccinated: 1st dose, 2nd dose, and 2 boosters. 2nd booster is required for ages 50+ and the 5th shot bivalent booster. And any vaccine recommended in the future.
Please mail your documentation to: Kurt Snyder, Organizer, 8 Gates Ave., Unit 2, Summit, NJ 07901 Cell:973-723-3579 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your name, address, cell ph.#, email address, and copy of vaccination records.
3. Do not bring guests to our Meetups. Encourage your guests to join our membership and qualify with vaccination certification per above.
4. Your RSVP is mandatory in order to secure the room at the venue. If we don't meet a minimum attendance quantity the meet-up will be cancelled. The deadline for your RSVP will be published with each meet-up date announcement.
5. Walk-ins without pre-qualification will be turned away.
6. Please arrive to our meet-up on time. If you arrive late during a tournament you may miss the opportunity to play.
We have entered a new and challenging era. I look forward to playing my backgammon friends!