What we're about
Hola, Hello, こんにちは, Hallo, Oi, Allo!
: : : : Who We Are : : : :
We are a group of over 100 from all over the world who gather every week to practice speaking languages and to make new friends.
: : : : How Does It Work? : : : :
Everyone is given a selection of flag-stickers to stick on their chest. We have flags for over 200 countries and regions. The flags represent your languages and go in order of ability from strongest at the top to weakest at the bottom - Easy!
We have one suggestion: "Stay standing and only sit down for a private conversation".
Why? Because if you stand it's easier for people to catch your eye and come and talk to you, and visa versa. It allows people to move and flow from group to group in a way you just can't achieve sitting down.
: : : : : When & Where : : : : :
We hold events TWICE a week:
Tuesdays from 7pm at Kramer's, 1915 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4S 1Z3
Thursdays from 7pm at The Raq, 739 Queen St W, Toronto, ON M6J 1G1
Find us just up the stairs as you walk in. Look for our reception table and tell us what languages you speak, we'll get you started. The reception table will be open from 7 to 9.
- You must be 19 years of age or older to attend Thursday's event; Please bring appropriate ID. All ages are welcome to Tuesday's.
- There will be a photographer present. Let us know if you would not like to have your picture taken
- You are responsible for your personal possessions
- Outside food and beverages are not permitted
Check us out on Facebook!
- Join our Mundo Lingo Toronto Group
Around the World!
We have events in Barcelona, Buenos Aires, London, New York, Montreal, Paris, Tokyo and more. Visit our website for full information on all of our sister cities: http://mundolingo.org (http://mundolingo.org/)