It is time for our next Meetup. Publicis Sapient will host for the first time.
• 2 talks (each ca. 40 min incl. discussion)
• Time for networking + food + drinks before, in between and after the presentations
• Talks are held in English
• We will be taking photos and/or film footage at the event. These will be used to share news about our meetups, and to publicize upcoming events.
• We will provide a list of registered usernames to the sponsor to check at the entry.
• Please bring photo identification to be checked at the entrance.
Timon Ruban - Automated Hyperparameter Tuning
We'll philosophize about how machine learning is really nothing else than hyperparameter tuning, then take a look at how hyperparameter tuning is often done today and end with a deep dive on Population Based Training (PBT) and Asynchronous Simple Halving Algorithm (ASHA) two simple but efficient algorithms for automated hyperparameter tuning
Timon learned about math at ETH Zurich and about machine learning at Stanford University. Today he works at luminovo.ai helping European companies accelerate the adoption of deep learning.
Markus Meyer - Can the perfect car be recommended to you?
The car configuration process is today a cumbersome process, which involves multiple steps, conflict resolutions and allows for not a lot of exploration of different car configurations. Markus will talk about how he developed with his team a new by machine learning supported approach to solve this business problem. You will learn how the team utilized the latest developments in recommender systems and how they engineered a working solution.
Markus is a Technologist at Publicis Sapient who worked on many innovative solutions for many large enterprise customers. He has a strong software development background and started lately to build up our data engineering and data science capabilities.