What we're about
Acoustic musicians in the Seattle and East Side area are invited to participate in a continuing series of weekly, 90-minute Musically Inclusive Improvisation Calisthenics sessions designed to increase your musical energy.
Like yoga, this is a guided process that stretches hands, ears and hearts in a warm and safe setting.
This work accommodates all levels in an inclusive, engaging, musical work-out. The only pre-requisite is a commitment to presence, play, listening, learning, and willingness to find and work at your own edge.
Who: Absolute beginners all the way to experienced guitarists, string players, acoustic instruments are welcome. Listeners are also welcome to offer presence, listening, meditation and / or goodwill.
Why this work?
1. to cultivate personal presence, developing focus and stamina,
2. to unleash creativity via group practice,
3. to develop and strengthen personal discipline,
4. to expand listening skills, and
5. to invite Music into our lives in a practical way.
* * *