addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Marc W.
MarcWilhelm
Amsterdam, NL
Post #: 18
This information is from BlazeJam.com

Q: When will BlazeJam 2012 take place?
A: BlazeJam 2012 will start at 6:00 PM MDT, Friday, July 6 and end at 6:00 PM MDT, Sunday, July 8. A full 48 hours!

Q: Where will BlazeJam 2012 be taking place?
A: If you opt to jam in person, space will be available at Uncubed in Downtown Denver. Otherwise, please feel free to join and stream your efforts online.

Q: Where is the money going?
A: All proceeds received via donations, the auction, and the CafePress shop will be donated to the Pikes Peak American Red Cross and the Care and Share Food Bank for Southern Colorado.

Q: How much are you profiting on this?
A: Nothing. Zilch. Zero. Nada. We're not making a dime off of this. Or a penny. Nobody else is, either. All proceeds, which means everything after PayPal and FundRazr fees, will be donated.

Q: What is the BlazeJam Game Pack?
A: All games produced during the BlazeJam will be distributed to those who donate or win an auction as part of the BlazeJam Game Pack.

Q: I am making a game for BlazeJam! When do I have to have it submitted by to be included in the BlazeJam Game Pack?
A: We request everyone making a game to at least have screenshots of their title and a description submitted by the end of Monday, July 9th. The final game binary needs to be submitted by Friday, July 13th. This gives everyone time to put final polish and bug-fixes in their games.

Q: I am making a game for BlazeJam! Where should I submit the finished binary?
A: We are working on this, and information on where to submit will be available by the time of the event.

Q: I'm going to make a game. What platform should I make it work on?
A: Any platform you like, as long as it is something we can distribute (IE: no game consoles such as PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 or so forth - we do not have a distribution partner to work with for those consoles). To make sure most people can play your game however, we suggest making your title work on one or more of these platforms: Android, Windows, OSX. We also recommend iOS, however the distribution requirements a bit hairier. Depending on how many iOS games are produced, we are going to contact Apple and see if they can help us out with getting free copies of the games to everyone who donated, especially if the number of people donating are really high. Either way, we will work it out.

Q: I'm planning to make a game during the GameJam. Do I get to keep the rights for it?
A: Yes! All we ask is you donate a version of the game you make during the GameJam for us to distribute as part of the BlazeJam Game Pack. Also, if you plan to publish the game again at a later date, please make sure you mention it was originally produced for the BlazeJam, and put the BlazeJam logo somewhere in it. We just want to make sure people know the game was part of the event - which in the end looks really good on you, anyway!

Q: If I want to publish my game somewhere else in the future, do I have to pay you any royalties?
A: Absolutely not. You worked hard on that game, it's yours to make money with. The ONLY THING we want is a version of the game to distribute in the BlazeJam Game Pack, mention of BlazeJam as the original creation target of the game, and the BlazeJam logo present within future distributions of the game.

Q: Will those who donate receive anything?
A: Yes! Everyone who donates at least $5.00, or wins a BlazeJam auction, will receive the BlazeJam Game Pack.

Q: What platforms will the BlazeJam Game Pack work on?
A: It will most likely be a combination of platforms, based on what the developers create.

Q: I donated money/won an auction. When will I receive the BlazeJam Game Pack?
A: Please give us a few weeks once the GameJam has completed. We want to make sure everyone who made the games has the chance to do final bug-fixing of their game before you receive it. We also need to assemble all the games in a proper package. You will receive a download link for the BlazeJam Game Pack as soon as it is available.

Q: Will the BlazeJam Games ever be available after the donation period ends?
A: Yes! This site, along with the Facebook page and CafePress shop will be open through the end of 2012. We will be accepting donations for BlazeJam 2012 until December 31, 2012, and then it's on to prep for BlazeJam 2013.

Q: I really want to donate, but I just won't be available during the weekend of July 6-8. Is there another way I can donate?
A: Yes! There's a lovely donation widget to the right on every page of the BlazeJam website, and there will be a FundRazr app on Facebook for donations as well. You can also purchase swag from the CafePress shop, as all proceeds from the shop will also be donated.