To Donate: Indiegogo
In 2014, the City of Philadelphia officially recognized “N3rd Street” as a growing corridor of Philly’s thriving collaborative, creative, startup, and technology community. N3rd Street is a melting pot of industries and interests, including but not limited to design nerds, art nerds, fashion nerds, technology nerds, startup nerds, food nerds, sustainability nerds, science nerds, game nerds, history nerds, and a whole lot more.
The official naming ceremony & ribbon cutting took place in Liberty Lands park. Since then, we’ve seen the N3rd Street community continue to grow with N3rd Street Farmers Market, N3rd Street Gamers, N3rd Street Prom, and more.
This year, we celebrate the 1-year birthday party of N3rd Street, in the place of its birth, Liberty Lands park. The event will take place on a First Friday and will include interactive & informational booths from Philly-based startups and tech companies, games, live entertainment, and local drinks and food! Additionally, due to the efforts of Bamboo Wifi & Jarvus Innovations, Liberty Lands park will be enabled with free Wifi, the first install of the N3rd Street Wifi Network.
1) To celebrate N3rd Street, the local businesses, and highlight companies doing great things in our community!
2) Fundraising for N3rd Street initiatives:
• To create micro-grants for Code for Philly developers to build software tools to improve N3rd Street and Philadelphia as a whole
• To build a free “N3rd Street Wifi Network” with Bamboo Wifi
• To support local community centers, parks departments and cleaning efforts, and after-school programs
• To support local schools and neighborhood associations to involve kids in projects with the tech, music, and artist community
3) To spread national awareness of the City of Philadelphia’s support of entrepreneurs and the strength of our technology community
Ways You Can Help
- Donate to our IndieGoGo campaign! (https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/n3rd-street/)
- Help get the word out and make some noise about your campaign
- Tweet @N3rdSt
- Get involved!
- And that's all there is to it.
Afterparty: 5pm-8pm @National Mechanics (22. S. 3rd Street)
Organizers: Jarvus Innovations, CandiDate Philly, Code for Philly, Bamboo WiFi, SeventySix Capital, StartUp PHL, Northern Liberties Neighborhood Association, Old City District,
Sponsors: N3rd Street Farmer’s Market, N3rd Street Gamers, Technically Philly, PhillyMag / BizPhilly, Philadelphia Citizen, Philly Weekly, Philadelphia Media Network, Linode, Think Brownstone, WebLinc, ArcWeb, Clutch, eMoney Advisor, Sungard, Instacart, Philly StartUp Leaders, Club-OS, Relay, QVC, eMoney Advisor, Drexel Charles D. Close School of Entrepreneurship, Temple University’s Innovation and Entrepreneurship Institute, TechGirlz, Girl Develop It , Coded by Kids, NY Code & Design Academy, BRYN and DANE’S, National Mechanics
Food: BRYN and DANE’S, Poi Dog (food truck), Chicken-N-Rice (food truck)
Entertainment by Aaron Goode & The Goode Guys: Aaron is a musician for John Legend, Rihanna, Eminem, Jay-Z, Jill Scott, and a producer for Grammy-winning song “Deja Vu” by Beyonce, Mark Ronson, Wale, Nickel Eye, and more!