Sean Watson, netCorps, Technology Consultant, will provide a general overview of several of the popular content management systems and will lead a discussion of the pros/cons of each. Participants will:
1. Gain an understanding of when a CMS is better than a custom built/custom programmed static website and when it's not.
2. Gain an understanding of why a proprietary hosted CMS solution is not usually a good idea.
3. Gain an understanding of the issues regarding hosting user-owned CMSs such as Plone and Drupal.
4. Gain an understanding of what is involved in choosing an effective system for their specific needs.
5. Participate in activities to help you begin identifying specific needs/requirements.
Pizza (sponsored by NTEN & RTPNet) and socializing starting at 6:30, program at 7:00. Donations are welcome but not required.
United Way of the Greater Triangle is now located at 2400 Perimeter Park Drive.
We look forward to seeing you there!