addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

.NET Developers Association - Westside Message Board › Meetups incoming, and jobs!

Meetups incoming, and jobs!

Cody H.
user 14280041
Seattle, WA
Howdy everyone!  Hope you've been having a great holiday season.  It's been awhile!

I've recently joined Microsoft and as a result, my access to high quality speakers has increased significantly!  I'm planning on resuming (ideally) monthly meetups starting in late January.

If you have any specific topics you'd like to hear about, please email me or post it on the group!  Azure, SQL, Visual Studio Team Services (my team, I may be a bit biased) are all fair game.  General design topics are also welcome.

Now that that's out of the way, the plug:

I'm currently hiring five people here at Microsoft on Visual Studio Team Services.

If you want to come to the dark side and write everything in typescript and .NET (with some Mongo and Node thrown in for a bit of flavor on occasion), please contact me at joherrin@microsoft.com and I'll put you directly in touch with the hiring manager.

Things we are working on:

Microservice architectures

Creating platforms with general use by millions of people in mind

Designing everything to be highly reliable, scalable, and reusable - we regularly have circuit breaker tests where we purposely break stuff in production to make sure our services are reliable.

You can read more about it on the jobs page https://www.visualstu...­ (but ask me and I'll put you directly in touch)

So... come to the dark side, we have cookies (also lots of popcorn and Nerf guns)

Thanks!

Cody
Michael S.
user 7555786
Seattle, WA
Post #: 1
Congrats on the new job Cody!

For meeting ideas, I'd love to hear more about ASP.NET 5 and the Universal Windows Platform.

If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. I'd love to be more involved in the meet up this year.

Thanks
- sharps