addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

NJ Acoustic Music in the Park Message Board › While we're on the subject...('bout changing things up)

While we're on the subject...('bout changing things up)

bob c.
Bobcole
Hillsborough, NJ
Post #: 193
Yeah, Charlie! So many times you hear someone say "you're playing it wrong!" when what they mean is "you're not playing it exactly like the version with which I'm familiar". Like I said before, it's an art form, and no two artists will (or can, or should) put exactly the same spin on a song, or a poem, or a painting. That's what makes the world go round, right? And you play "Blackbird" just great!
Ed L.
user 64029362
Annandale, NJ
Post #: 1
Went to a Dylan concert several years ago. He did a great show, played nonstop, covered songs that spanned his whole career, didn't play one of them anywhere even close to "right". I noticed the band never took their eyes off him. They never knew what he was going to do next, or how he was going to do it.