You're invited to an amazing evening of Web Bluetooth, at Mirabeau in Rotterdam!
On August 16th, Web Bluetooth will have the spotlight at our meetup. Join us to learn all about one of the newer Web APIs, and what fun and interesting things you can do with it. Niels Leenheer and Michaela Lehr will share their experiences and will inspire you to start experimenting with it as well.
We hope to see you all then!
## Event Schedule:
• 18:30 Doors open, some (vegetarian) food will be there
• 19:15 Introduction by the organisers
• 19:30 Niels Leenheer (@html5test)
• 20:00 Break
• 20:15 Michaela Lehr (@FischaelaMeer)
• 20:45 Drinks and snacks
• 22:00 Room cleared
## Niels Leenheer — Fun With Bluetooth
### About Niels
Niels is a self-professed browser geek. He has been hooked on browsers ever since somebody showed him the original Nexus browser on a NeXT Cube back in the dark ages of the internet. Niels is the creator of HTML5test.com and runs one of the largest Open Device Labs in the world. He loves procrastinating, collecting weird devices with even stranger browsers, drawing pixel art monsters, procrastinating, researching obscure browsers and tinkering with hardware. For his day job he is CTO of Salonhub and creates web applications for hair salons.
## Michaela Lehr — Using New Web APIs For Your Own Pleasure – How I Wrote New Features For My Vibrator using the Web Bluetooth API and the Web Audio API
When I first heard about the Web Bluetooth API I was so curious, that I could not wait to try it out. So I asked myself: Which Bluetooth device should I buy? Especially if I do not want to through it away after I was finished experimenting with the API.
So obviously a Bluetooth enabled vibrator was a perfect fit. And it came with a serious use case, too: The slogan of the vibrator was "Let him control you", which I found very limiting, so I used the Web Bluetooth API to connect it to the browser, and the Web Audio API, to establish my own slogan: "Let a video control you".
In my talk, you will learn how to use the Web Bluetooth API to connect a Bluetooth enabled device to the browser. Also, you will see what is possible with the Web Audio API, especially when it comes to analyzing spoken words.
### About Michaela
Michaela Lehr is a creative front-end developer and designer. She specialises in UX and WebXR, and co-founded the studio GeilDanke. In her free time she travels round the world, practices yoga, and watches way too much Buffy.
• We are working to improve the diversity at our meetups. One way we do this is by saving spots for people in underrepresented groups. If you are on the waitlist and believe you are part of an underrepresented group, let one of our organisers know and you will either change your waitlist status (to 'Yes') or bump you up to the top of the waitlist.
• Smile! We are photographing this event. Let us know if you do not wish to have your pictures posted on this site or on social media.
• Note that by attending any of our events, you are agreeing to our code of conduct (https://www.meetup.com/NLHTML5/pages/24032967/Code_of_Conduct/).