What we're about
¡¡¡PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER AND WHITELIST EMAILS FROM MEETUP.COM!!!
Check us out on Facebook! (https://www.facebook.com/groups/planetniceguy/)
Welcome to No More Mr. Nice Guy San Diego, a Nice Guy support group for men based on Dr. Robert Glover's groundbreaking self help book called No More Mr. Nice Guy. This book addresses particular issues that many men suffer from that negatively affect their relationships, careers, and sense of well-being.
Intentions for this Meetup
• To connect with other Nice Guys like you so you don't feel alone and can see that other men share the same challenges you have in life.
• To share those things about yourself that you're afraid to share with anyone else because this is a safe, non-judgemental zone. This will help you release any fears you have about other people judging you negatively.
• To feel empowered knowing that you can consciously choose healthy behaviors and actions in your life while accepting your Nice Guy tendencies.
While we welcome any man that feels like he's "too nice of a guy," it's important to be familiar with Dr. Glover's material in order to be able to get the most out of the group's conversation. Here are the characteristics of Nice Guys as described in the book:
Characteristics of Nice Guys
• Nice Guys are givers.
• Nice Guys fix and caretake.
• Nice Guys seek approval from others.
• Nice Guys avoid conflict.
• Nice Guys believe they must hide their perceived flaws and mistakes.
• Nice Guys seek the "right" way to do things.
• Nice Guys believe there is a key to having a happy, problem-free life.
• Nice Guys repress their feelings.
• Nice Guys often try to be different from their fathers.
• Nice Guys are often more comfortable relating to women than to men.
• Nice Guys have difficulty making their needs a priority.
• Nice Guys often make their partner their emotional center.
Hope to see you at the next meeting!