What we're about
Looking to see that unusual film and your usual friends and family aren't always game or available? This may be a group for you!
At least once a month we'll screen a movie at an area theater that is not the typical blockbuster or superhero flick (that you can see anytime for many weeks on end). We hope our picks will be surprising and exceptional, but even if they're not, hopefully we'll discover something fascinating to take with us.
Ideally (if time and the location permit), we'll re-group in a lobby sitting area for 'hellos' and a brief discussion on what we thought about the film. And there is never an obligation. You don't have to RSVP until one catches your eye and fits your schedule.
MEMBERSHIP GUIDELINES (please familiarize yourself with our operation!)
• Free to ages 18+
• Open to all: singles, married, divorced, whatever—it's about the movies only
• Great for people whose partner/ family/ friends don't share your interests or aren't available.
• Multicultural: all races and ethnicities
• Diverse: str8- and LGBT-friendly
• A current profile photo of you is required so we can identify you as a participant in the group (i.e., no pets, inanimate objects, or scenery). It must be a clear, relatively close-up portrait (security measure). No exceptions; you will be declined.
• No sock puppet names, no matter how cute. You must use your real name in order to sign up (security measure). No exceptions; you will be declined.
• This is not a singles group or a place to prospect new customers. Contacting other members with unsolicited advances is grounds for removal if reported.
• You are required to pay for your own ticket to attend any movie.
• And.... please be courteous with your RSVP. If you can't attend, please update your status if your plans change.
• Get the Meetup app and stay informed - http://www.meetup.com/apps/