What we're about
Upcoming events (1)
On the night before Halloween, performers will regale you with true tales from Laurel Hill Cemetery’s historic tombs. Complete with scandal, mystery, and murder, True Tales from the Tombs will feature stories of the Cemetery’s most provocative and memorable permanent residents, as they return from the dead to tell their stories. Featuring The Not Ready for After-Life Players as storytellers of these tormented tales, the candlelit tours will wander through the stones and mausoleums of Laurel Hill.
Check in will be in the Courtyard of the Gatehouse located at Laurel Hill Cemetery’s main entrance (given on this page).
Leaving at 6:30 pm, guests will embark on a 45-minute walk through the cemetery, making several stops to hear the tales from the dead and when returning back to Gatehouse are welcome to hot and cold refreshments, cookies, and candy by fire pits. Please arrive at the beginning time on your ticket.
TICKETS (are selling out):
Please have your tickets ready for scanning upon check in either on your phone or printed.
GENERAL PARKING is limited, free, self-park, and available on a first come, first served basis:
* Across from the Gatehouse
* In the neighborhood across from the Gatehouse (please be courteous to our neighbors)
WHAT TO WEAR/BRING:
* Face mask
* We prefer you as a guest, not a resident (yet!)
* To maintain the safety of visitors and staff, we strongly recommend wearing a face mask and practicing social distancing while at Laurel Hill and West Laurel Hill Cemeteries, regardless of vaccination status
* Face masks are REQUIRED to enter the buildings and restrooms.
* Comfortable shoes for walking
* Clothing to be comfortable outdoors for the event duration.
* Flashlight (may be available for purchase in the Gift Shop upon arrival)
Inclement Weather Date: Saturday, November 6, 2021
*LHC will announce use of the inclement weather date by 1 PM on Saturday, October 30 online, via email, and on our social media*