Please join us at Hogan Lovells on Tuesday, November 7th, for a presentation and panel exploring one of the most exciting frontiers in legal technology: the blockchain.
The event will include:
• informal networking over drinks and food;
• a brief (10-15-minute) primer on blockchain technology (to level-set for a mixed audience of lawyers and technologists); and
• a panel (including audience Q&A) on the legal use cases of blockchain technology (e.g., smart contracts, property rights registration, identity).
6:30 - Networking over drinks and food
7:15 - "Blockchain Basics" presentation, Thomas Rush, ConsenSys
7:30 - "Legal Use Cases of Blockchain Technology" panel
• Aaron Wright - Chair of the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Legal Industry Working Group, Associate Clinical Professor and Co-Director of Cardozo Law School’s Blockchain Project and co-founder of the smart contract project OpenLaw
• Houman Shadab - Cofounder of Clause.io (http://clause.io/), Professor of Law at New York Law School, Co-director of Accord Project for smart legal contract standards
• Alexandra Levin Kramer - Founding Chair of the Blockchain Technology & Digital Currency practice at CKR Law, LLP, President of the International Blockchain Real Estate Association, and founder of the blockchain startup Womin, supporting diversity in the workplace
• Erik Syvertsen - General Counsel of AngelList
8:30 - End of formal programming
Please spread the word to other members of the NYC legal tech ecosystem!
To stay connected to the #NYCLTM community, please follow us on Twitter (@NYCLTM) and subscribe to our newsletter at https://nyclegaltech.com .
(Note: Our December or January meetup will be a legal tech "Demo Day." If you know of an innovative new legal tech company (or established company launching a new product), encourage them to reach out to us!)