You must answer the RSVP question with your full name to get passed the building security.
Please join us for an exciting evening to learn more about the evolution of data warehousing to the Hybrid Cloud with some use cases and a live demo from Slim Baltagi and Ed Bernier.
6:00 pm - 6:30 pm: Networking over pizza and drinks
6:30 pm - 6:35 pm: Welcome and intro by the host
6:35 pm - 7:10 pm: 1st part of the talk by Slim Baltagi from Cloudwio
7:10 pm - 7:30 pm: 2nd part of the talk by Ed Bernier from Yellowbrick Data
7:30 pm - 8:00 pm: Q&A and more networking
• Host of the event is being confirmed.
• Yellowbrick (http://www.yellowbrick.com/) is offering pizza and drinks.
In the first part of this talk, Slim Baltagi will look at the evolution of data warehousing, from a deployment perspective, throughout the four stages he identified: 1. On-Premise, 2. Mono-Cloud, 3. Multi-Cloud and 4. Hybrid Cloud. Slim will highlight the gradual changes specific to each stage, explain how the evolution at each stage is driven not only by available technologies but also by business needs. He will also give examples of data warehouses that represent each stage.
In the second part of this talk, Ed Bernier will introduce Yellowbrick data warehouse as a representative of the ultimate stage: The Hybrid Cloud. Ed will also share a few use cases and show a live demo of the Yellowbrick data warehouse.
1. Slim Baltagi
• He is currently an independent consultant at Cloudwio LLC advising his clients with their enterprise data strategy and helping them with the adoption of modern data platforms and the implementation of modern data architectures.
• He also delivered many end-to-end Big Data projects to major Fortune 500 companies in many verticals.
• He is a thought leader in the data & analytics space with tens of thousands of followers and also the organizer of many advanced analytics meetups at US tech hubs and abroad.
• He is a sought-after international speaker on topics related to modern data platforms with talks at major conferences spanning four continents.
Feel free to contact Slim at [masked] or check him out at https://www.linkedin.com/in/slimbaltagi/
2. Ed Bernier
• Ed Bernier has over 20 years of experience in Data Warehousing running on Massively Parallel databases designed for analytics.
• As Senior Systems Engineer at Yellowbrick Data, Ed is responsible for helping Yellowbrick's all-flash architecture take performance and simplicity to the next level and break speed records for processing queries against extremely large datasets in the 10’s or 100’s of TBs or even PBs.
• Before joining Yellowbrick Data, Ed worked at ParAccel, which invented an MPP columnar database that was sold to Amazon and became RedShift. Prior to that, he spent eight years at Netezza, creator of a data warehouse appliance, combining parallel processing with specialized hardware, and also spent eight years at Informix Software, a company known for its Dynamic Scalable Architecture and Extended Parallel Server (XPS).
Feel free to contact Slim at [masked] or check him out at https://www.linkedin.com/in/edgarbernier/