What we're about
This group is meant for Asians and people who appreciate and respect Asian culture. Our mission is to explore the vast multitude of dining experiences NYC has to offer and make some friends along the way!
For the sake of the organizers who spend time and effort to host events and our fellow meetup members who want an equal opportunity to participate, we follow these best practices:
(1) Cash Payment - Whenever possible we like to eat family style! That means we try to sample and share multiple dishes and split the food bill evenly. Members are responsible for their drinks. Please bring cash!
(2) We don't tolerate "No Shows" and "Late Cancellations" - No Shows (sign up the event, never show up) and Last Minute Cancellations (change RSVP within 24 hours of the event) results in removal from our group. Please communicate with your event Organizer, e.g., message her/him, leave a comment to prevent it. The matter is subject to the discretion of the Organizers.
(3) RSVP is Your Commitment - Please don't RSVP unless you are sure you can attend. We do notice the people who RSVP and take a spot then cancel at the last minute which is not fair to everyone else, esp people on the waitlist. When the event is full, put your name on the waitlist so our Organizers do their best to accommodate everyone when space is available.
(4) Show Up On Time - Many restaurants have seating policy, let’s be punctual! Let Organizer know when you are running late.
(5) We Collect Meetup Support Fee - We help keep the Meetup group going! A $1 Meetup Support Fee will be collected at standard events and $2 will be collected at events that involve additional investment by organizers such as a deposit, credit card info, special arrangements, etc.
Because our events often require reservations and pre-payment, we need our members to honor these rules whenever possible. We very much appreciate everyone's interest and understanding.
We look forward to seeing you soon!