What we're about
Upcoming events (1)
If you fancy a 'taste' of history - explore upcoming Past to Apron program June 25 & 26. The virtual program presents a set of talks on food and drink history as per the schedule or on demand. Think of it as the "Netflix of food history".
The program will present:
- The history of herbalism that will include a selection of related historic kitchen items
- The importance of buttermilk to Ireland's history - presented with the Dunfanaghy workhouse (based in Donegal)
- The history of traditions and folklore of the harvest season and Halloween in Newfoundland and Labrador
- The history of newspaper cooking schools
- The history of food at Stratford Hall, the home of two signers of the Declaration of Independence
- The history of alcohol, drawing on English and Irish roots in Newfoundland and Labrador
- The tradition of roadside bread ovens in Gaspe, Quebec
- PLUS a live afternoon tea session for Q&A and chat on food/drink history, a bonus talk from Fortnum and Mason (from the 2020 edition) with some additional talks expected to be added shortly
With the ease of viewing from your own surroundings on any smartphone, tablet or desktop or laptop, the program serves as a source of information and inspiration delivered to a general interest level.
For more info please visit pasttoapron.heysummit.com
Early bird passes now through June 24. $20 for all weekend pass (June 25 & 26); $25 for extended viewing pass (from June 25 to July 10).