Join us August 29 for our pre-Labor Day weekend meetup in Manhattan! Great food, cold beverages... and best of all, excellent talks on topics of in-memory computing.
We'll also be raffling off some cool gadgets (details at the bottom of this screen)... but 1st prize is a "Karaoke USA GF840 Portable System with "Saturday Night Fever/Grease Karaoke" DVD!" We'll also be giving away three all-access tickets to the In-Memory Computing Summit, Oct. 2-3 in San Francisco. https://www.imcsummit.org/2018/us/
This meetup, as always, is free but you must RSVP to participate. This will help us plan for food accordingly. The meetup will be at 1740 Broadway (Floor 15), New York, NY 10019
Let's take a look at the speaker lineup:
* Sam Drake, architect of the Oracle TimesTen In-Memory Database
* Apache Ignite technology evangelist Akmal Chaudhri
* Marco Mankerious, solution architect at Redis Labs
* 6 p.m. -- Dinner is served! Best pizza in town! Snooze you loose so get there early. We'll also be serving an assortment of cold beverages
* 6:10 p.m. -- opening remarks (Tom Diederich).
* 6:15 p.m. -- Talk 1 (Sam): What Makes an In-Memory Database Different?
* 6:50 p.m. -- Talk 2 (Akmal): Machine and Deep Learning with an Apache Ignite
* 7:25 p.m. Talk 2 (Marco) Implementing a search engine on top of an in memory database for high performance and scale
* 8 p.m. Raffle drawings (see prizes at bottom of the page --register for the raffle now to save time: http://bit.ly/2nrzhyr )
* 8:05 p.m. Finis
Talk 1: (Sam): In-memory databases are all the rage. But what makes them different than traditional databases? This presentation will discuss what makes in memory databases special and how you can best take advantage of them using examples based on the Oracle TimesTen In-Memory Database.
Talk 2 (Akmal): Apache Ignite is an open-source distributed database, caching and processing platform designed to store and compute on large volumes of data across a cluster of nodes.
Apache Ignite has built-in machine learning (ML) and deep learning (DL). It eliminates any delays caused by transferring data to a different database or store. It also delivers near real-time performance by running a variety of ML and DL algorithms in place, in memory, that are optimized for collocated processing.
In this talk, Akmal will explain these new capabilities and how to use them in Apache Ignite 2.4. This talk will provide:
* An overview of the machine learning and deep learning algorithms and how they work
* Examples of how to implement each machine learning and deep learning algorithm
* Tips and tricks for getting the most performance out of machine learning and deep learning
Talk 3 (Marco) How to implement a search engine on top of an in memory database for high performance and scale.
* * *
We'll also provide a sneak peek at their sessions being planned for the In-Memory Computing Summit, Oct. 2-3 in San Francisco. #IMCSummit
>> 1st prize: Karaoke USA GF840 Portable System with "Saturday Night Fever/Grease Karaoke" DVD!
>> 2nd prize: Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System (Europe), Not Region Locked (Select from MANY different languages). Includes 21 games, including Star Fox (and the unreleased Star Fox 2!), Super Mario World, and many others.
>> 3rd prize: Atari Plug & Play Joystick. Includes 10 classic Atari video games! (Adventure, Asteroids, Breakout, Centipede, Missile Command & more).
Register for the raffle here: http://bit.ly/2nrzhyr
(peek at the first prize: https://flic.kr/p/MWE7HC )
(peek at the second prize: https://flic.kr/p/MWEwtU )