addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The New York City Manga & Comics Group Message Board › Meet-up Proposal: Hiroko's Place

Meet-up Proposal: Hiroko's Place

user 2660857
Hawley, PA
Post #: 3

I am proposing that we have a meet up at Hiroko's Place, which is located at 75 Thompson Street New York, NY 10012.

Why Hiroko's Place?

They serve Japanese Comfort food. No sushi. If you like Omurice, curry dishes, hamburg, and other Japanese comfort foods, then you're in luck.

Ok, but anything else cool about Hiroko's Place?

Yes!!! They have bookcases of manga you can borrow and read while you're eating there!!! It's also a very relaxed environment too in there. They also sell japanese candy too. Epic Japanese style parfaits too!!!!!

..... So, that's my suggestion. I see that a lot of meet ups are at a diner, but I think Hiroko's Place would fit this group better.

What does everyone think? Opinions?
user 7043031
Long Island City, NY
Post #: 1
I've been there before. Japanese people run that place so you can use your Nihongo there :). The atmosphere also feels very much like "mom and pop" cafes in Japan.