Due to the time conflict with the walk given by Councilwoman Brewer, we are moving to Sept 9th.
We will repeat this workshop.
We will introduce 3 technologies which should in the arsenal of any data scientist for putting together prototypes, stunning graphics and pleasing sites very quickly - Angular JS, D3 JS and Twitter bootstrap
Krupakar Pasupuleti has been building algorithmic trading systems for investment banks for more than a decade now. Besides the experience with Wall street, he also has a deep passion for Web technologies and is an active member of the growing NY Fintech community. He is also co-organizer for Fintech and Finance 2.0 meetups.
There is not much preparation needed for using Angular, D3 and Twitter. You can embed them on your page with these 3 simple lines and get rolling.
Use your favorite code editor, maybe Sublime Text 2 for most Mac users, Sublime or Notepad++ for Windows users. If you want an IDE with a more enterprise level feature set, we suggest you to get Jetbrains Webstorm. They have a 30-day trial if you want to try it.
1. Intro: a quick tour of all the 3 technologies. D3 for it's visualization capabilities will be the major focus.
2. Deep dive: walk through an example app.
3. Hack time: instructor and TA will go around and help people with their tasks or projects or answer specific questions for them.
1. AngularJS: MVC, Dependency injection, 2-way data binding, templates, controllers, directives
2. D3: SVG, groups, axis, layouts
AngularJS - API docs (http://docs.angularjs.org/api/)
BuiltWithBootstrap - http://builtwithbootstrap.com/
D3JS Gallery - https://github.com/mbostock/d3/wiki/Gallery