While a part of the Open Data community, I have found success in telling a few stories about what was happening in the city of Chicago. That success came from existing working, and newly formed community, relationships. This presentation will provide a perspective of the community, how it helps building a career, how it helps in fostering relationships, and the value it offers to technology, and other, communities.
Topics covered will include:
• What is meant by telling stories with data
• What to expect once a story is in the wild
• Where to find and build a team
• Review http://www.chicagolobbyists.org/ example
• Review http://www.crimeinchicago.org/ example
Chad W Pry (cofounder of OpenCity) http://opencityapps.org/