Location visible to members
NOTE: THIS EVENT IS NOW SOLD OUT! THERE WILL NOT BE ANY ABILITY TO REGISTER ON-SITE FOR THIS EVENT. SIGN UP FOR THE WAIT LIST AT https://askavc-nyc-0715.eventbrite.com (https://askavc-nyc-0715.eventbrite.com) -- don't sign up here!
We're doing it again! This time it's bigger and better - with even more investors, FOUR panels on VC and investing, FOUR Lightning Rounds, and a Venture Fair where you get a chance for some 1:1 with the investors there. This time EVERYONE is able to meet the investors as part of the Venture Fair.
We'll have over THIRTY FIVE (35) awesome Venture Capital (VC) and Angel Investors there answering your questions on what is VC, the process for getting VC, what investors look for, and more. Plus a chance to tell your story and meet with some of the investors 1:1.
• Basset Investment Group - Ryan Darnell
• BBG Ventures - Samantha Lynch
• Bowery Capital - Eric Vreeland
• Brand Foundry Ventures - Sumeet Shah
• Comcast Ventures - Tyler Flint
• Corigin Ventures - David Goldberg
• ffVC - Steven Greenberg
• Fintech Collective - Travis Skelly
• Gotham Ventures - Alex Malorodov
• Greycroft - Weston Reynolds
• Hearst Ventures - Travis Ing
• Indicator Ventures - Jonathan Struhl
• Interplay Ventures - Jeremy Banon
• Kbs+ Ventures - Jessica Peltz-Zatulove
• KEC Ventures - Chris Fortunato
• Lightbank - Rick Zullo
• MESA+ - Adam Carver
• Metamorphic VC - Joshua Nussbaum
• Osage Ventures - Sean Dowling
• Paladin Capital Group - Gibb Witham
• Pearson Venture Group - Katelyn Donnelly
• Primary Venture Partners - Jeff Prober
• Reveal Partners - Charlie Kemper
• Rubicon - Joshua Siegel
• Safeguard Scientifics - David Luk
• Samsung Strategic - Joseph Coyne, Timothy Casio, Christiana Ting
• SeedInvest - Jay Tharkar
• Simon Venture Group - Skyler Fernandes
• SoGal Ventures - Elizabeth Galbut
• Spark Capital - Katie Bolin
• TechStars NYC - Jenny Fielding
• Vayner/RSA - Shawn Cheng
• Verizon Ventures - Christian Guirnalda
• White Star Capital - Lylan Masterman
Venue & Date
Friday July 10,[masked]AM to 11:30AM
Microsoft Times Square
11 Times Square
New York, NY
PRESENTED BY Orrick TOTAL ACCESS (http://blogs.orrick.com/totalaccess/)
Orrick is a global law firm with a particular focus on serving companies in the technology, energy and financial sectors. Presented by experienced industry CEOs, venture capitalists and Orrick lawyers, TOTAL ACCESS offers insights on cutting-edge issues and an opportunity to network with leading professionals in Los Angeles, New York and Silicon Valley. Hosted by Orrick in Silicon Valley, San Francisco, New York and Los Angeles, TOTAL ACCESS events are available exclusively to entrepreneurs, start-up company executives and the investment community. Learn more at http://blogs.orrick.com/totalaccess/
FOUR VC Panels
We've had such significant demand for this event, that we'll be running FOUR Venture Capital panels, with two going on at the same time. Can't figure out which one to attend? Feel free to attend either or both. We'll be having two panels with different topics and different investors at each one. The panels will run in "Ask Me Anything" style, which means that we'll have a few canned questions to start, but it's all about you.
If you've signed up for a Lightning Round, just make sure to be in the right room at the right time!
Agenda & Schedule
08:00 - 08:30 :: Registration and Networking08:30 - 08:40 :: Welcomes
08:40 - 09:15 :: VC Panel #1 - "Seed and Series A Financing I" + Ask Me Anything - Moderated by Ronald Schmelzer
08:40 - 09:15 :: VC Panel #2 - "Emerging Trends in VC I" + Ask Me Anything - Moderated by Sumeet Shah
09:15 - 09:40 :: Lightning Round #1
09:40 - 10:15 :: VC Panel #3 - "Emerging Trends in VC II" + Ask Me Anything09:40 - 10:15 :: VC Panel #4 - "Seed and Series A II" + Ask Me Anything10:15 - 10:40 :: Lightning Round #2
10:40 - 11:45 :: Venture Fair 11:45 :: Event Wraps up
VC Panel #1 - "Seed and Series A Financing" + Ask Me Anything
The first panel will be a VC 101 panel focused on Early State Financing, moderated by Ronald Schmelzer, focusing on the following topics:
• What does your firm invest in and focus on?
• How do you even begin talking to a VC?
• What's the process like for soliciting, interacting with, and getting investment from VCs
• PLUS YOUR questions in "Ask Me Anything" style
VC Panel #2 - "Emerging Trends in VC" + Ask Me Anything
The second panel will be with additional investors focused on later rounds identifying emerging trends in Venture Capital and investing, moderated by Ronald Schmelzer, focusing on the following topics:
• What are the latest hot areas for investors?
• What's big in the NY region?
• What's changing in the way companies are getting funded?
• PLUS YOUR questions in "Ask Me Anything" style
TWO 20 minute Lightning Rounds:
Your Chance to Have Everyone Hear Your Story!
Each Lightning Round will consist of five randomly selected participants who have elected to participate in a public embarrassment, er, I mean public feedback. They will get 1 minute (timed) to do an Elevator Pitch with no slides and no supporting material, plus 4 minutes of questions and feedback from the the full panel. For this event, we'll be running two of these Lightning Rounds in front of different panels so we'll maximize the fun and randomness.
The Venture Fair
Want an opportunity to chat 1:1 with investors in your area of interest? We'll be running a venture fair with our attending investors, who will have dedicated areas, where they will meet as many of you as they can in "Job Fair" style. This means you'll queue up in front of the investors of your choice and you'll get as much time as they can afford before the event concludes. It will be a mosh-pit of investor fun.
Breakfast Sponsored by Ciklum (http://www.ciklum.com)
Over The Last 12 Years Ciklum Has Helped 200+ Companies EstablishOffshore and Nearshore Software Development Centres, To Optimize Their Software Development Needs. Learn more at http://www.ciklum.com .
Networking Sponsored by OfficeLeaseCenter.com (http://www.OfficeLeaseCenter.com)
OfficeLeaseCenter.com helps startup founders and entrepreneurs find flexible and affordable office locations.
*** TO RSVP FOR THIS EVENT, PLEASE GO TO OUR LINK AT https://askavc-nyc-0715.eventbrite.com ****