addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
rachel
user 3116632
Boston, MA
Hi Brainy Readers -

I've been trying to find a way to reduce dues for our committed active members while still covering the website and other minimal fees of running the group.

Would people be interested if there was an option to pay either (a) $10 every 6 months OR (b) for those who don't take that option it would still be $3 per meetup. The $10 has the small fee I get charged for electronic receipt of payments built in.

I thought a yearly fee would be too daunting since most people don't like to plan that far ahead. However, if more people would prefer $18 per year and we get enough consensus on that it works for me as well. (The fee the site charges is me is a %, so by way of reference I don't get the whole $20).

We usually do 11-12 meetups per year, at $3 each.

Let me know!
rachel
user 3116632
Boston, MA
Post #: 87
Due to massive response from active members - the $10 per 6 months option is now active.

If I get a lot of takers on the subscription option, I will definitely reduce the $10/$3 accordingly in October so I'm not making any kind of windfall here. Just looking to always cover the fees meetup.com charges me and the other minor incidentals of holding our meetups at restaurants, reservation fees, cancellation fees, etc.

Based on almost 4 years of running the group - the $10/$3 split should work if I get the # of members expected to take each option.

Thanks!
rachel
user 3116632
Boston, MA
Post #: 110
Good news!

Starting with our April 2011 meetup, there will be no per meetup dues for this group, at least until my next organizer payment to meetup.com is due, which should not be until February 2012 (unless meetup changes their fee structure in a way that increases my cost between now and then).

Cheers!