Technology is baked into the Common Core standards, so how are districts and companies embracing these new expectations? Will the massive overhaul to district infrastructures, principally in hardware and bandwidth, result is a fundamentally different environment for solutions than today? Let’s talk with those preparing for the standards rollout disregarding that some states are dropping out while other are currently reconsidering whether to stay the course.
* Sabina Bharwani, Dir Education Technology, TFA
* Michael Moody, CEO, Insight Education Group
* Ellen Dunn, 8th Grade Math Teacher, KIPP Academy Newark
* Jesse Spevack, School Tools and Systems Developer, New Visions for Public Schools
Here's to another great NYEdTech Meetup! In the meantime, connect with fellow NYEdTech'ers online at:
• Facebook - http://ow.ly/h4CZc
• Twitter - @NYEdTech
• Hashtag - #NYEdTech
And of course, we would like to thank our gracious sponsors!
The company behind Penguin Books, The Financial Times, The Economist, and multiple education businesses now has a develop platform! Build your own applications using Pearson's exciting content. Learn more at http://developer.pearson.com
Knewton personalizes digital courses for students so every student is engaged and no student slips through the cracks.