Location visible to members
731 Jefferson Avenue is a high performance, low cost, masonry retrofit. The design approach is to “gut” as little as possible, minimize the waste produced, and to use low VOC, natural non-petrochemical products.
Here are some highlights:
• Wall insulation: Redstone PURA, a mineral-based capillary-open board
• Roof and cellar insulation: Roxul mineral wool
• Air sealing: pro clima Intello & DA, pro clima tapes
• Ventilation: Lunos ego and e2 “through wall” ventilation system
• Windows: Rieder unpainted Douglas fir frames treated with larch oil, triple pane
• Skylights: Lamilux FE
• HVAC: Mitsubishi mini splits/ducted
• Hot water heater: GE Geospring heat pump
Please join homeowners and designers, Bettina Johae and Daniel Herskowitz on Saturday November 8th.
Please time your visit to coincide with the 2 walk through tours: one at 3 pm and the second one at 4 pm.
731 Jefferson Avenue is located between Malcolm X Blvd and Patchen Avenue in the Bedford Stuyvesant neighborhood in Brooklyn. Nearest subway stops are the Utica Ave stop on the A/C train and the Gates Ave stop on the J train.
Contact Daniel[masked] / Bettina[masked], to be let in.
For full listing of regional open houses visit the event's main page, here (http://www.meetup.com/NYPassiveHouse-NYC/events/212257742/).
Suggested donations: $10 or become a NYPH Member here. (http://nypassivehouse.org/become-a-member/)